Siemens rebranding EST equipment

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: RSS alarms

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:44 am

The doctors office that I go to has an est system REBRANDED by Siemens. The annunciator says Siemens “apogee life safety” on it. I did not take any pictures, but the annunciator was an EST 3 annunciator rebranded by them. The pull stations were also rebranded by Siemens, same with the smoke detectors.

I wanted to know if anyone has ever seen this kind of rebrand by Siemens before. I believe this system must’ve been installed before 2008 when wheelock sued Siemens since I saw a wheelock NS horn strobe inside the building.
I've been an enthusiast since 2009, but haven’t started collecting until 2016
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 am

I think I remember seeing Siemens rebranded SIGA series detectors somewhere in Chicago O'Hare Airport, but I'm not 100% sure on that (only been there for one trip back in 2011)...
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Instagram: randomperson_firealarms

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 pm

IIRC this is because Siemens bought Landis & Gyr.
I've been on TFP for 2 years!
Subscribe to me on YouTube!
My website
Need to contact me? Feel free to send a PM, or email everysingletrouble3 -AT- gmail -DOT- com
mjb1124
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:55 pm

An eBay search does show some Siemens-branded EST equipment. How long ago was this? Does it predate Siemens buying Cerberus Pyrotronics/Faraday? I know Honeywell used to rebrand EST equipment before they bought Pittway.
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:07 pm

The place where I saw this setup must’ve been put in before 2010 since there are wheelock NS horn strobes in there, unless they were left from an old system. The annunciator does say Siemens on it, for the record. There is also an old simplex system from the 90’s with simplex 2901-9845s and simplex 4903-9105 strobes plates. The system is probably a 4100 considering the buildings size, or unless it’s hooked up to the EST 3 (Siemens rebranded).
HappyJigg
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: HappyJigg

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:30 pm

This may have happened before Siemens purchased Cerberus Pyrotronics. Honeywell rebranded the EST 3 for a time, and it seems to be in the right timeframe.
Have any questions or concerns about Silent Knight panels? Ask me! I own THREE of them!
cerbpyro
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Siemens AG purchased both Cerberus Pyrotronics and Faraday in 1996-1997 to form the Siemens Life Safety branch. This predates the EST3 by around 5-7 years.As for Landis & Gyr, one of the larger hospitals in my state (High Point Regional Medical Center) has a HUGE Honeywell system (EST3) with Landis & Gyr rebadged EST SIGA-278 and FCI MS-2 pulls and Siemens-branded EST SIGA detectors. Signals are EST Integrity and Genesis lines, all voice evac. For the record, the now-defunct FAST (which became EST) used rebadged FCI pulls and devices before Edwards arrived on the scene.

According to Wikipedia, Siemens AG bought Landis & Gyr in the late 1990s and sold them in 2004. My guess is that since Landis & Gyr had been rebranding FAST and EST equipment since before the Siemens buyout, Siemens AG just allowed them to continue using EST devices under the Siemens badge for backwards compatibility purposes. As we know, Siemens/Pyrotronics addressable equipment is in NO WAY compatible with EST.
Steven Davis
K-12 Music Education Major
Drum Major---2019 GC Marching Pride
Principal Chair Bassoonist---GC Wind Ensemble
Self-Proclaimed Orch Dork :D
#Volvo4Life
university_student

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:51 pm

From what I remember Mission of Space in Epcot at Walt Disney World has a Siemens rebranded EST3 with Integrity and Genesis horns. Siemens logos on EST pull stations and smokes. Disney World, from what I remember, mostly has Siemens/CP systems.

A museum near me has an A*T rebranded EST 3, A*T logos are on the SIGA-PS and pull stations. It has genesis speaker strobes.
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Also I did forget to mention that there were also a few EST SIGA-PS detectors on the system.
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 pm

RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Image here’s a picture of a Siemens rebranded EST detector
ConorTheFAguy6
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: CJ9899

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:55 am

cerbpyro wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Siemens AG purchased both Cerberus Pyrotronics and Faraday in 1996-1997 to form the Siemens Life Safety branch. This predates the EST3 by around 5-7 years.As for Landis & Gyr, one of the larger hospitals in my state (High Point Regional Medical Center) has a HUGE Honeywell system (EST3) with Landis & Gyr rebadged EST SIGA-278 and FCI MS-2 pulls and Siemens-branded EST SIGA detectors. Signals are EST Integrity and Genesis lines, all voice evac. For the record, the now-defunct FAST (which became EST) used rebadged FCI pulls and devices before Edwards arrived on the scene.

According to Wikipedia, Siemens AG bought Landis & Gyr in the late 1990s and sold them in 2004. My guess is that since Landis & Gyr had been rebranding FAST and EST equipment since before the Siemens buyout, Siemens AG just allowed them to continue using EST devices under the Siemens badge for backwards compatibility purposes. As we know, Siemens/Pyrotronics addressable equipment is in NO WAY compatible with EST.
The EST 3 came out in July 1996.
Life is like a free box of fire alarm parts, you never know what you are going to get
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am

Finally got a chance to take a couple of pictures of the annunciator and the main pull station, had a doctors appointment and here they are!

Annunciator

Pull station

The notification appliances are wheelock NS horn strobes and Siemens CH-MC-W chime strobes.
idontwannaknow
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu May 02, 2019 5:21 pm

now was the Wheelock label on the NS horn/strobes covered by a Siemens label?
idontwannaknow / male / bored / lol
RSSAlarms
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu May 02, 2019 6:10 pm

Nope, as is