Simplex 4903 NAs being replaced at local supermarket.

A supermarket near me just recently replaced its Simplex 4903s with Edwards NAs with the fire label and the running man picture which are mounted on red trim plates labeled fire on both sides.

Things look strange because near all the new NAs there is a visible rectangle on the side of the NA on the wall.

OMG this is so similar to the situation at school. Some -9846/9105s that got directly replaced by the Siemens speaker/strobes have a visible rectangle on the left side. I believe it’s dust.

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82667 time=1544844589 user_id=3956]

OMG this is so similar to the situation at school. Some -9846/9105s that got directly replaced by the Siemens speaker/strobes have a visible rectangle on the left side. I believe it’s dust.

[/quote]

It sounds like they painted the wall at some point and painted around the device. The rectangle would be the original wall color before painting. Unless I’m not understanding these posts correctly.

[quote=nightfly287 post_id=82668 time=1544850251 user_id=2562] [quote=idontwannaknow post_id=82667 time=1544844589 user_id=3956]

[/quote]

It sounds like they painted the wall at some point and painted around the device. The rectangle would be the original wall color before painting. Unless I’m not understanding these posts correctly.

[/quote]

At the local supermarket, yes this is the case. The squares are of a different color and they were the original wall color before the wall was painted.

Most of the horn/strobes were on the brick walls so there was no difference between the covered and visable wall. The ones replaced in the school auditoriums did have a white square next to them but have since been repainted. The only one that hasn’t been repainted is in the Recital Hall, but they had just finished installing pull stations in there a couple days ago so it might be repainted it just isnt a top priority.

Wait a few months and then go and see if it got repainted.