what does a simplex 2001/2120 message sound like

does anyone know what the simplex 2001/2120 messages sound like besides the tones. I have heard a few, but very faintly/UN-clearly. does anyone have a transcript of the message?

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=82733 time=1545459936 user_id=4672]

does anyone know what the simplex 2001/2120 messages sound like besides the tones. I have heard a few, but very faintly/UN-clearly. does anyone have a transcript of the message?

[/quote]

I think it’s the same message as the 4100 series.

Ok. I also wanna know if anyone has a recording and a transcript of the message, Maybe the Retired STR-SG knows.

I don’t know if there is a transcript around anywhere but if everything still works I can come up with a recording after the Christmas holiday.

Awesome! I can’t wait to hear it. Merry Christmas!

I believe this is from a 2001. You don’t get to hear the complete message, but it does have that cassette tape sound to it. Alarm starts at 4:45

[YouTube]rGdi9pPyzOQ[/YouTube]

Ok. The Retired STR-SG might send me a recording of the message, but thank you

This could also be it, at least judging by the 3 beeps.
[YouTube]4h8lx0Ql_8Y[/YouTube]
(yes, even though that’s the wording of the default EST message)

Isn’t it a possibility that two companies could use the same evacuation message instead of having to come up with their own every single time?

Notifier recorded their own messages and tones in MP3 format for the DVC. And if you need custom messages you can record using Goldwave software. I have had to make custom mass notification messages on a few different jobs before.

Patrick

But do some companies sometimes share voice evac messages?

[quote=randomperson post_id=82755 time=1545618145 user_id=3878]

This could also be it, at least judging by the 3 beeps.
[YouTube]4h8lx0Ql_8Y[/YouTube]
(yes, even though that’s the wording of the default EST message)

[/quote]

You are correct. The three beeps are DTMF tone 1 (like when you push the 1 key on a telephone). The speakers also for some reason generate a 60hz mains hum.

Here is a recording of a 2001 system audio evac message. The equipment is a 2001-6005 Oscillator Control with Pre-amp Mixer (OCPM). The voice section is from a 2001-6068 digital message player which was the replacement for the cartridge tape player. The digital player is the same size as the original tape player and is plug compatible with the other equipment. No modifications were needed to replace the tape player with the digital unit.

The recording was made by direct wire connection from the OCPM output to an audio input on a laptop. That makes a clean recording without speaker to microphone acoustic effects.

I found a simplex 2001/2120 tape player on ebay and it appeared to have a tape with it.

[quote=johnrobert1 post_id=83288 time=1552411583 user_id=5015]

I found a simplex 2001/2120 tape player on ebay and it appeared to have a tape with it.

[/quote]

Send me the link

The tape version can be found with this search on Ebay “COMMUNICATION UNIT 556-256B”. It comes on a mounting plate with the timer module next to it.The timer is wired to delay starting the tape so a few whoops come out first. It is priced at $100 OBO.

There is also a digital version on Ebay which has no mounting hardware and is priced at $385. It can be found with this search “Simplex message player”.