New construction code question

I have an 8 unit Condo building I started a rough on. I have been fighting the building owners and engineers since conception of this building and am baffled by the local AHJ not requiring Horn strobes on this project.
So the 8 unit condo, is sprinklered with a dry system in the garage and wet system in the rest of the bld. the building is three stories, has an elevator going in and our panel is doing the recall functions.
Entire job has
6 smokes, 2 heats, 3 control relays, and 5 or 6 monitor mods, annunciator. sprinkler bell manually activated off flow. not a single pull, which I remember reading somewhere in nfpa that at least 1 is a requirement on sprinklered systems.

The plans drawn up under 2012 code, I assumed everyone is wrong who is stating that we do not need 75 DBa at the pillow but the ahj said, Audio/visual notification is not required in common areas or in sleeping areas.
There are interconnected 110v smokes in every unit.

anyone offer any insight from building code?

Well, people are most likely to die in a fire when they are asleep, so it would baffle me if there is no sound/light to wake them up.

Some colleagues of mine have been in a similar situation with an AHJ. Our interpretation is that occupant notification is always required in apartment buildings when there is a sprinkler system. The exception that the AHJ is citing is for a “manual fire alarm system,” which we believe only affects the requirement for manual pull stations, not notification. We have been in ongoing discussion with them and the owner since we are pretty uncomfortable installing a system without occupant notification. I’ll have to ask what exact sections of NFPA 72 and IBC they are looking at. You may try asking at NFPA Xchange, lots of code geeks on that forum.