Some questions about fire alarms:

So I’m new to fire alarms and I have some questions about systems in my life.

At a White Castle near me, there are two Spectralert Classic horn/strobes mounted within 3 inches of each other. I do not have any pictures since I only go through the drive-thru and it is a terrible angle. I hope to get some soon. I can see no logical reason for them mounting them this way, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

At my school, we have a very old Autocall system with unknown t-bar pull stations (they have a number taped over the brand). Some of these pull stations have four screws where a cover would be, making me think they removed the covers. My only suspicion is that they may have wanted them to be easier to pull, but even in the gym, where balls are being thrown around, there is no cover. The only cover in the building that I know of is one outside the cafeteria.

If you have any ideas, feel free to respond! I love learning more about fire alarms. :smiley:

Another question: what are these unmarked, amber lens speaker strobes which I think are Wheelock E50s that I keep seeing? Are they some kind of agent release, general alert or some kind of security alarm?

Typically amber lenses on strobes means that they are either general alerts or security alarms. Especially if there is no marking on it.

Ok, thanks. These things seem to be everywhere around me.

New update on those, the “strobe” that is on them is actually a calculator-type display. It looks like an amber strobe from far away. I have no clue now.