Device mismatch on FCI and Silent Knight SLC

Going to a conversion in a 2 story library from an older FCI 7100 to a Silent Knight 6820 EVS. If I removed all devices from SLC and replaced them with SK but forgot an FCI module would device mismatch pop up on the Silent Knight?? Or how about if I installed an SK smoke detector on the FCI loop. Would it be seen? I ask this cause we have to do a change over and need to keep coverage active, so until a complete swap out occurs both panels will be operational. A major pain but it is what it is. I’m trying to avoid any problems but want to be ready for anything

In my experience, Silent Knight panels will show a trouble when you have an FCI device connected to them. Not sure about the reverse though. Supposedly the 7100 actually works with any brand of device since it operates in CLIP mode and does not check the vendor ID. Haven’t tried it though. Obviously it’s not UL listed to leave it that way, but it may work in a pinch for the short term.

I have seen a Fire-Lite MS-9050 appear to function properly with a Gamewell-FCI ASD-PL2F smoke head.

Edit: the previous will probably only work if you are installing the previous generation detectors that support CLIP mode or the new ones with the -IV suffix. The 7100 won’t work with any of the new detectors that that don’t support CLIP.