Simplex 4207/2100 voice

Does anyone know anything about voice evac on the Simplex 4207 or 2100. Like what where the tones generated, what NA’s were used with them, and did they generate tones and have message players or were they simply used to communicate via the speakers and the fire fighters telephones?
And does anyone have any documents,photos, or videos of these systems?

WOW, there is a walk down memory lane. 4207 was the fire alarm control panel section of a system. If the system had audio that section was designated 4221. The fire fighters telephone system was another 42XX number but I don’t remember what it was.

I never saw a 4221 system and had scant information on them. I do remember there were tone oscillator modules for them. I don’t recall a voice message player. That doesn’t mean there was not one, I just don’t remember. The speakers were wired in series like the old AC horns were which limited the number of speakers per circuit. The circuits had a 10 ohm rheostat in series with the speakers to compensate a circuit that was less than full.

I installed three 2100 systems. By the time that system came out the 42XX systems were replaced by 2001 equipment. None of the systems I installed were audio. They did have 2001 zone modules and signal circuits interfaced with the transponder monitor and control points. The 2100 was only in the line for a very few years. It was replaced by the 2120 in 1981 which was fully designed as a fire alarm system.

There is a little information on this site.

If I can dig up anything I will post again.

Thank you so much for the information. I was wondering, after a product like these stops getting supported, what happens to documentation? Does it get destroyed or filed away in some storage room or computer system

All of the 42XX documentation was distributed as printed materials. That was in the age of mainframe computers that filled entire rooms with equipment. Whatever documents survived were kept in someone’s personal technical library. During those times all of the service acknowledgments I wrote were mailed to HQ to be entered into the billing computer there. In the late 1970’s the Simplex offices got terminals to the mainframe through an IBM frame relay system. In 1986 my Commodore 64 was the second standalone computer in our office. I used it to write trip reports when I went into tech support.