Spectralert classics installed in a building built in 2008

There’s this apartment building in a housing development that was built around 2008-2009 and I noticed something, there are spectralert classic weatherproof horn strobes installed outside. My question is, did system sensor keep the weatherproof spectralert classic in production after 2006 when the advances came out? Or are these new old stock alarms?

I believe its the same situation as we are having now, with SpectrAlert Advance weatherproof alarms still being installed when the L-Series has been out for two years.

Wheelock as well, the AS horn strobe was discontinued in 2010 for the exceeders and yet, they keep the weatherproof horn strobes in production.

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=83483 time=1554666248 user_id=3956]

I believe its the same situation as we are having now, with SpectrAlert Advance weatherproof alarms still being installed when the L-Series has been out for two years.

[/quote]

That could explain why I (still) haven’t seen L-Series notification appliances installed in buildings. Nowadays, I don’t ever go to newer buildings, or even any building for that matter (in the case an L-Series device replaced an older notification appliance).

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=83483 time=1554666248 user_id=3956]

[/quote]

Yeah, my company still installs Advances, but we get ours from Potter.

Here are two more really lengthy examples of new/old stock being used DECADES after the production stopped from my high school.

1. The Space Age Electronics 2DCD horns on AV32 flashers got replaced in 2012 with Siemens U-MMT horn/strobes 5 years after Siemens was ordered to stop making notification devices from the Wheelock lawsuit

2. The freshman wing of my high school had a wall and a fire door put up splitting the wing in two. Right next to the fire doors on either side are Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobe plates.

I would have thought that they would have used Simplex TrueAlerts to replace the 2DCD+AV32 alarms (though in the same upgrade, hallway bathrooms got Simplex TrueAlert horn/strobes and classroom bathrooms got Simplex TrueAlert strobes) as well as replacing the 9838+4903s with TrueAlerts.

Nobody gets what I’m trying to say, I wanted to know when did system sensor discontinue the spectralert classic weatherproof horn strobes?

Just taking a guess but I would say maybe about 2008 is when they stopped make them. But don’t quote me on that.

sorry for the bump, here is a picture of one of the SpectrAlert outdoor horn/strobes (it’s a screenshot from Google Maps, didn’t physically go there, yet)

it’s kinda hard to see, but that is a SpectrAlert upon further inspection.

Yeah I can see it fine in the picture. The trim plate seems like it is blending in with the siding.