Humor - Fire alarm vocabulary

Below is a glossary of fire alarm-related terms every enthusiast should be familiar with:

[quote] ADA (pr.) - The American Dental Association, an organization dedicated to making sure your pearly whites are at least 75 candelas in brightness.

Class A (adj.) - Fire alarm circuits intended for direct human consumption.

Elevator recall (n.) - A term invented by the elevator industry to clutter search engines and draw attention away from actual safety recalls of elevator products.

End-of-line resistor (n.) - A retail customer who knows they have to wait in line, but wants to know if they can please just ask a quick question.

Fire drill (n.) - According to the general public, any red box on the wall that says “FIRE” in big letters.

Fire-retardant (n.) - A person who ignores the basic principles of fire safety.

Flow switch (n.) - Not to be confused with the Flo Switch, a device that gets you all the best deals at Progressive.com

NAC (n.) - An aptness at doing something.
“I have a NAC for finding notification circuit troubles.”

Screw terminal (n.) - A device that will become popular in the 22nd century between the hours of 9 and 11PM.

Sprinkler (n.) - A form of coat rack commonly found in hotels, by drunk people.

STOPPER II (pr.) - A device used to trick the general public into thinking they’ve activated the fire alarm.
[/quote]

Hope you all enjoyed reading, and feel free to add your own definitions - even if it’s for the same term.

LOL some of those are actually very funny. :lol:

Simplex TrueAlert (pr.): the fire alarm that never lies!

EST Genesis (pr.): the first fire alarm in the Bible

SpectrAlert Advance: The one kid in front row at the movies who screeches and cries throughout the entire film and never gets reprimanded or kicked out.

Travis is such a SpectrAlert Advance when he doesn’t get his way, he almost broke the windows.

1 Like

That would be a PERFECT definition for Urban Dictionary! XD

I added it to urban dictionary, I will credit you for the idea later on once it gets approved.

What happened if it doesn’t get approved though?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=83587 time=1555776010 user_id=18]

What happened if it doesn’t get approved though?

[/quote]

Well looks like it did so forget my pathetic worries.

I got another one!

SpectrAlert® Advance™: So called because its sound is capable of waking up even the specters*.

*For specters with hearing impairments, please see the SpectrAlert® Advance™ strobe and low frequency product lines.

This one is pretty much only funny to me but I might as well give it a go:
Edwards Integrity: “I have integrity… I cannot lie!”
Me: “So are you a horn/strobe or a speaker/strobe?”
Edwards Integrity: …

Edwards 892: The Shakespearean fire alarm. (892-2B or not 2B: the latter being either a 1B or 6B).

I have never heard of an 892-6B before. I now need to find one. XD

Simplex 4030: The Trumpet of you-better-start-running-or-else.

Another one, I’m not sure if you’ll get the gist of it: Roshni ROLP: It’s simple, it’s always Rush-nining

Sprinkler: a glorified fire hose that spreads water in a large cone, very effective but with loads of collateral damage.

Edwards Adapt-A-Horn: The most versatile fire horn that you can find, it can adapt to anything you throw at it!*

Edwards Adapt-A-Bell: Isn’t it pretty? (belle meaning “beautiful” in French, get it?)

*do NOT throw anything at a fire alarm!

Simplex 2001: a fire alarm odyssey
Simplex 4100u: trying to improve on something that doesn’t need to be improved (get it: just like the Wii U)

1 Like
[quote=Alexis_T post_id=83624 time=1556039834 user_id=3602]

Edwards Adapt-A-Bell: Isn’t it pretty? (belle meaning “beautiful” in French, get it?)

[/quote]

This made me think of another one in French.

Pyr-A-Larm (pr.): The worst alarm (pire alarme).

Seriously, though, Pyr-A-Larm is a rather unfortunate-sounding name when pronounced in French.

[quote="El Chupacabra" post_id=83630 time=1556061993 user_id=2572] [quote=Alexis_T post_id=83624 time=1556039834 user_id=3602]

[/quote]

This made me think of another one in French.

Pyr-A-Larm (pr.): The worst alarm (pire alarme).

Seriously, though, Pyr-A-Larm is a rather unfortunate-sounding name when pronounced in French.

[/quote]

Not really a problem unless they want to find a distributor in Quebec.

If you like fire, but don’t like the excess calories in it, try Fire Lite!

AHJ - Literally the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Should be worshiped as such.

…wait, we were making jokes?

try notifier notify your