Horn/strobes in restrooms

The local Lowes has a Wheelock AS horn/strobe in the restroom and two local supermarkets have Gentex horn/strobes with the running man in the restrooms.

I have never heard of a Gentex device with a running man symbol.

Regardless, the most common culprit for horns in restrooms have to be schools. Every one of them have had them, although my high school has mostly strobes in there (excluding the speaker/strobes in it’s other building) I only know of two bathrooms besides the locker rooms with horn/strobes.

1 Like

Sorry I got the brand wrong. Edwards NA with the running man and fire label.

[quote=Housedays post_id=83995 time=1558790185 user_id=2894]

[/quote]

Plus, the Edwards remote strobes have the grilles on them, just the piezo is taken out. You would know it’s a horn/strobe if you can see the shiny piezo on the left. If not, then it’s a strobe.

My high school (before the 2016 removal) in the original part of the building (1995 area) had horn strobes (wheelock EHS-EL1) in the restrooms and now today there are just strobes in them. The restrooms in the 2005 expansion had spectralert remote strobes in them.

my school has speaker strobes in every restroom

[quote=simplexspectralert post_id=84008 time=1558825404 user_id=4797]

[/quote]

At least it’s better than a horn strobe

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=83996 time=1558791554 user_id=3956] [quote=Housedays post_id=83995 time=1558790185 user_id=2894]

[/quote]

Plus, the Edwards remote strobes have the grilles on them, just the piezo is taken out. You would know it’s a horn/strobe if you can see the shiny piezo on the left. If not, then it’s a strobe.

[/quote]

Just was at one of the supermarkets today and went in the restroom to look at the NA. That one had a shiny piezo on the left. That one was a horn/strobe.

[quote=simplexspectralert post_id=84008 time=1558825404 user_id=4797]

[/quote]

It is typically for buildings with speaker/strobes to have speakers/strobes in multiple person restrooms. This is so the voice can be clearly heard inside the restroom.

I have only run into this situation a few times I will admit and none of them were in school (though I thought there were horns in one when I was younger.) but it still is pretty jarring. I have seen a Simplex 4903-9219, Simplex 2901-9838+4904-9105, SpectrAlert Advance, Gentex Commander 3, SpectrAlert Classic and a Space Age Electronic VA4 in restrooms and it was a bit unnerving to say the least. While at a rest stop when I was going on a trip to New York, one of the bathrooms had a SpectrAlert Classic not just next to the door, but an ADVANCED in one stall.

I made a point of getting out of that bathroom as fast as I can.

Went to the other supermarket today went into the restroom. The Edwards NA in there doesn’t have a shiny piezo on the left. That one is a remote strobe.

Lowes and Olive Garden seem to like having horn/strobes in their restrooms. The local Lowes and Olive Garden here do and I’ve seen other people mention that their local Lowes or Olive Garden has a horn/strobe in the restroom.

[quote=Housedays post_id=84030 time=1558964873 user_id=2894]

Lowes and Olive Garden seem to like having horn/strobes in their restrooms. The local Lowes and Olive Garden here do and I’ve seen other people mention that their local Lowes or Olive Garden has a horn/strobe in the restroom.

[/quote]

the olive garden near my house has a horn strobe too

I’ve read where someone said they’ve been in restrooms that had bells inside! Now that’s even worse.

What I would consider to be worse and properly horrifying is if there was a bathroom that had a 4051 in it. :shock:

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84065 time=1559242590 user_id=18]

What I would consider to be worse and properly horrifying is if there was a bathroom that had a 4051 in it. :shock:

[/quote]

How about a 9846? :twisted:
[YouTube]-eLBqcUJm3Y[/YouTube]

Yeah I remember that but I still think a 4051 would be worse.

I once went to a department store at a mall somewhere where in the fitting room area all the individual fitting rooms had a SpectrAlert Classic horn/strobe on the wall. The hallway outside the fitting rooms also had a Classic horn/strobe!

[quote=Housedays post_id=84030 time=1558964873 user_id=2894]

[/quote]

Odd… One Olive Garden I went to actually had a remote strobe in their bathroom. It was a white SpectrAlert Advance remote strobe (they have white SpectrAlert Advance horn/strobes elsewhere in the restaurant).

I’m pretty sure it differs depending on where you are. When we went to the one in North Carolina, I never went to the bathroom but the alarms were SpectrAlert Advances while the one in Arizona I went to had Faraday 6120s (but once again, I didn’t go to the bathroom so I wasn’t sure if the restaurant had horns in them.)