Has anyone ever brought a fire alarm to school

I brought my Simplex 4906-9104 strobe to school for a conceptual physics project that I was doing, I want to know if anyone has done the same.

1 Like
[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=83988 time=1558744598 user_id=4672]

I brought my Simplex 4906-9104 strobe to school for a conceptual physics project that I was doing, I want to know if anyone has done the same.

[/quote]

Good thing is was just a strobe. Bringing a fire alarm with a horn to school and setting it off could get you in trouble. The school could mistake it for the actual school fire alarm.

I brought my National Time 641 pull station to my community college once. It was part of an honors program orientation activity, where each student had to bring several personal items from home and explain what each one meant to them. The pull station reflects my fascination for fire alarm systems.

1 Like

I once brought my Chubb Sonos DC sounder, I forgot I had it in my bag.

[quote=Housedays post_id=83997 time=1558796582 user_id=2894] [quote=RSSAlarms post_id=83988 time=1558744598 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

Good thing is was just a strobe. Bringing a fire alarm with a horn to school and setting it off could get you in trouble. The school could mistake it for the actual school fire alarm.

[/quote]

It’s okay as long as it looks visually different than the alarms that are installed in the building. The system at my high school is not Simplex, it’s EST.

You are right about bringing a horn strobe, you could disturb other classes (the experiment I did was performed in the hallway, which is why a brought only a strobe so i wouldn’t disturb classes nearby), if I did Mario’s game over tune plays game over.

Can’t say I ever did though it would be amusing if I knew someone in all of my years of being in school that did. XD

I’ve brought a few to art class, so that I could re-paint/restore them.

[quote=jrc_the_bud post_id=84032 time=1558982749 user_id=3386]

I’ve brought a few to art class, so that I could re-paint/restore them.

[/quote]

What were they?

I didn’t know that you could paint fire alarms in an effort to restore them.

I’ve brought my fire alarms for a civics “mock trial” project where I was accused of tampering and stealing fire alarm equipment from my school.

My great, great grandson has. It was a Simplex TrueAlert horn/strobe.

[quote=fierlarmz_09 post_id=84434 time=1562562294 user_id=5255]

[/quote]

For real?

I’m beginning to think that this poster is just saying things because he can…

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84436 time=1562598205 user_id=18]

I’m beginning to think that this poster is just saying things because he can…

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure he’s faking his age, too

[quote=fierlarmz_09 post_id=84434 time=1562562294 user_id=5255]

[/quote]

I find it very interesting, searching through your past posts, that as a teenager you had a fear of fire alarms. Considering the fact that you’re 100 years old, I’m very fascinated to find out what commercial fire alarm systems existed back in 1932 that you were so afraid of. Considering the fact that fully automated internal fire alarm systems in buildings didn’t exist until nearly two decades later, I’m really not so sure what there was to be afraid of. Please enlighten us.

Ok, going back on topic, some advice if you are planning on bringing a fire alarm to school.

1: make sure the alarms you’re bringing are distinguishable from the ones in the building, so that way you are not mistaken for stealing a device from the school.

2: don’t bring a horn/strobe, bring a remote strobe so that way you don’t disturb the occupancy of the building (unless you were given permission to use a horn/strobe), but stick with remote strobes or just wire your power to the strobe terminals if you have a 4-wire horn/strobe.

3: don’t bring a fire alarm to school for fun, bring it if you have something meaningful to use it for, I brought mine for a science project, if you’re planning on bringing in an alarm to prank someone, don’t do it, it’s not worth it, use common sense.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=84440 time=1562611668 user_id=4672]

Ok, going back on topic, some advice if you are planning on bringing a fire alarm to school.

1: make sure the alarms you’re bringing are distinguishable from the ones in the building, so that way you are not mistaken for stealing a device from the school.

2: don’t bring a horn/strobe, bring a remote strobe so that way you don’t disturb the occupancy of the building (unless you were given permission to use a horn/strobe), but stick with remote strobes or just wire your power to the strobe terminals if you have a 4-wire horn/strobe.

3: don’t bring a fire alarm to school for fun, bring it if you have something meaningful to use it for, I brought mine for a science project, if you’re planning on bringing in an alarm to prank someone, don’t do it, it’s not worth it, use common sense.

[/quote]

And that might “think” that the class would leave, too.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=84440 time=1562611668 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

4: don’t bring the voice evac panel to school, the students might have been confused if it actually was a real fire, or it might be just a drill.

1 Like

I brought one of my Wheelock RSS to give to a friend since it had a broken strobe, and they loved technology (they still have it in their room, they told me) and all 3 of my smoke detectors just for shits and giggles.

Lol, one time I brought all my smoke detectors and 2 models my school had, I was accused of stealing them but I explained my whole collection and I was fine.