have you ever set off a fire alarm in public?

i haven’t at all

Nope. I haven’t even been in the presence of someone that did it on purpose (though there were a few times where my elementary school principal showed me how he did it by keying a pull station.)

Nope, never (without permission). It’s never okay to pull a fire alarm when there is no real fire, that’s tampering with equipment, which can get you in big trouble. Pulling the fire alarm can get you either suspended, expelled, or get you arrested and fined.

I think the original poster was asking if somebody set it off by accident and didn’t do it maliciously.

Not at all.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84141 time=1560024961 user_id=18]

I think the original poster was asking if somebody set it off by accident and didn’t do it maliciously.

[/quote]

The original post was vague, so I assumed that it was maliciously or non-maliciously.

Never! Not at all!

I have. I was an alarm apprentice for a while, that was one of the perks.

So, this is my first post in a while. Yes, I have accidentally set off the fire alarm in a building but thankfully did not cause an evacuation.

[YouTube]1xrWGuacaIY[/YouTube]

[quote=HenBasket post_id=84522 time=1563366355 user_id=3469]

So, this is my first post in a while. Yes, I have accidentally set off the fire alarm in a building but thankfully did not cause an evacuation.

[YouTube]1xrWGuacaIY[/YouTube]

[/quote]

Yeah, we used to do a huge dorm building with a voice evac Simplex 4100 ES system. They had it programmed so that the smoke detectors in the unit would only send a supervisory to the panel, but it was also a dual detector so the heat portion would set off an alarm. As well, these dorms had sprinkler systems in them anyways, and they’re effective. Once they got set off because some kids decided to do a séance in their dorm and the candles lit the table on fire :roll: I felt bad for the sprinkler tech, he had to sit there for almost 5 hours resetting the systems (because when one went off they all did).

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=84563 time=1563761432 user_id=85] I felt bad for the sprinkler tech, he had to sit there for almost 5 hours resetting the systems (because when one went off they all did). [/quote]

Your dorm had a deluge system?!

[quote=MayerFire post_id=84569 time=1563827684 user_id=3566] [quote=EdwardsFan post_id=84563 time=1563761432 user_id=85] I felt bad for the sprinkler tech, he had to sit there for almost 5 hours resetting the systems (because when one went off they all did). [/quote]

Your dorm had a deluge system?!

[/quote]

No. How it works from my understanding is if one riser trips, the rest of the risers lose pressure. Plus, the Fire Department will usually turn off the main water supply to all the systems to stop the water flow. So he had to sit there and reset every system, and this building had 2 17 story towers and 2 levels of parking.