Do fire departments have fire alarm systems?

If so, the system probably doesn’t notify the fire department because that is unnecessary with the system being at the fire department.

The closest one to my house I saw an RSS in what I assume was an office. This was from the road in a car. There’s also one in an exposed stairwell. So the answer is… yeah.

Our Simplex office installed systems in a number of fire stations. As far as I know, they all were connected to a central station. I installed one at the airport ARFF which is Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting. It was a remote node on their network and had a partition on the monitoring account.

yes i think

Yes, they can catch on fire like any other building. Worked on one in a small town that was monitored by a central station. If there was ever a fire they would call the local dispatch, which was in that same building. Kind of silly, but that’s what code called for.

they also have outdoor alarms

I’ve installed fire alarm systems in multiple fire stations. All buildings are subject to the requirements of building and fire alarm codes, regardless of the tenancy. And remember that a fire alarm system doesn’t just summon the fire department. It serves multiple functions: building evacuation, elevator control, HVAC control, etc.

I only realized this yesterday evening when I went to the dry cleaners to pick up clothes for my mother since she wants me to drive more LOL. So the RSS in the stairway (when I meant “exposed stairwell” I meant you could see it through a glass wall) is actually an E70! I’m surprised since it’s a fire station and they aren’t very big though.

Yes, every fire station here in Phoenix has a fire alarm and is monitored by the central station. Generally
We get a call for a false alarm on these and find the dining room smoke was tripped by the cooktop in the kitchen .

[quote=idontwannaknow post_id=84250 time=1561177587 user_id=3956] So the RSS in the stairway (when I meant "exposed stairwell" I meant you could see it through a glass wall) is actually an E70! I'm surprised since it's a fire station and they aren't very big though.

[/quote]

Could be a CH-70.

I don’t know why there would be a chime/strobe in a fire station, but there could be a slim chance that’s the case.

Maybe they decided that the stairwell in this case just needed a chime and not a loud horn because it would make it be unbearable in there.

Fire departments have these kinds of F. A. systems.