Has anyone ever thought of creating a fire alarm museum?

I recent stumbled upon this channel called Hot Brass and Bullets. He has a massive collection of guns and war artifacts. This inadvertently inspired me in the fire alarm world (not because of his guns and artifacts, but the idea of creating a museum for a certain hobby) When I am older, I might create my own museum of fire alarm devices on display (panels, pulls, detectors and notification appliances) that I have amassed over years of hard work, that is if I am still interested in the idea up until that point. I want to know if anyone had ever thought of the idea.

The idea seems pretty cool, showing off a nice array of equipment that has been collected for years and years, and even showing off some rare and historical parts from events or famous fires.

I do plan to keep my collection for a long time due to the fact that one day the alarms could be worth a Fortune

TFP user Firefly owns (or has owned) just about every fire alarm known to this community. The thread has been deleted, but the remains are located <URL url="Mike's Alarm Collection]here.[/url] He had about seven plywood boards full of devices mounted on backboxes.

[quote=nightfly287 post_id=84314 time=1561601625 user_id=2562]

TFP user Firefly owns (or has owned) just about every fire alarm known to this community. The thread has been deleted, but the remains are located <URL url="Mike's Alarm Collection]here.[/url] He had about seven plywood boards full of devices mounted on backboxes.

[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but I ran out of time to edit my original post. I found some of the old photos. This is just a sample of what he had. Obviously these photos are Firefly’s intellectual property.

Firefly (Mike Wiseman) is a regular member of the “Fire Alarm Enthusiasts” Facebook group, where he regularly posts pictures of samples of his collection. It’s frankly amazing how much stuff he has, but doesn’t record videos of.

My idea is to create a fire alarm museum with devices on display with labels and descriptions of the devices and what panel it was on and what panel it’s compatible with. I could also build a display with alarms that were in famous or historical events and ones that were used in movies (granted if I find any). I would also mount all panels I have collected and show how it works.

That does sound like a good idea and I would like it! But I would also like it if you also could set off some alarms that you have just so people can hear what they sound like. :wink:

Anyway, is there some way to convince Firefly/Mike to make videos of his collections?

I thought of creating a HUGE one when I was commenting about fire alarm system YouTube videos.