My [small] collection

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

(Apologies for my double post)
@Robert A
Well, as you asked, in France, standalone sounders are quite common (some exceptions includes the BAAS and the Type 4 which are to put it short a self-contained FACP with a built-in sounder except the BAAS can be linked to other BAASes) as for the sounder bases, I haven't seen any in the wild but I do know there are strobe bases, again about the sounder bases, either they're rarely used (probably to reduce costs) or just prohibited by the standards.

(My bad for totally missing out the point of your question, I have totally misinterpreted it :lol:)
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Here goes an update, again? But yeah you really should be aware [or not it's all up to you :wink:] that:
  • I don't have a panel yet
  • Even better: Maybe Next Saturday (hopefully), I'll go with a friend recovering some FA equipment from a old building that closed down and is getting renovated (I only know that the whole system is getting replaced entirely), and in this equipment: A panel, however, my friend told me that it's a old SAFT/URA panel, I don't really know which model, but I'll see if I can salvage as much of the system as I can (I'll focus more on the panel and the EOLRs)
So stay tuned guys, I'll keep you updated on the matter (and if I ever get the panel, I hope it's not gonna be in bad condition (e.g: Case cracked, funny smelling coming from the 12VDC feed transformer...).
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Sounds like it will be a very good start for you when it comes to getting a panel! I hope that it does work out and its usable!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 am

Quick update :

I gave away the Chubb MCP (I prefer the older KAC MCPs they're extremely common and you can get one for dirt cheap).

I traded my second Sonos sounder for a AE&T/e2s Sounder.

I got a (damaged) Neutronic MCP that I broke the faceplate by mistake (so now a screw holds it in place... Plastic never ages well... :x)

And more to come I'll update the thread accordingly once I get my computer up and running again (typing from mobile actually)
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:23 pm

Sounds like they are really great! Nice job with getting them!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:50 am

Yup, I had the Ademco/Chloride Pyrotector 623-12 for quite a long time... But yeah that E2S sounder is awesome it's one of the few fire sounders that has a volume knob (ad NF-SSI prohibits any modification of the sounder's output be it electronically or physically)

I can tell you on 12V it'll (the sounder) literally wreck your eardrums.
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 am

Quick update : My old Legrand MCP broke... Two small clips which hold the front and the "membrane" broke off, unfortunately it is a known defect on MCPs of this model and age... I'll try MEK to "glue" these together.. Or do something to reinforce the clips after I reglued them.

And I'm getting a very rare and cool sounder, no promises however.
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:22 pm

That sounds really exciting! I hope that you really enjoy it!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:04 am

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:22 pm
That sounds really exciting! I hope that you really enjoy it!
You'll see why I will indeed do, as the one I'm getting is very rare (and has a ajustable pitch, with the horrid trim pots that goes always haywire :P)
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Hope you can find away to deal with those trim pods then.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Hope you can find away to deal with those trim pods then.
Thanks for the concern but for now the rare sounder acquisition is on hold :/ why? The guy who wanted to give it to me had a few problems (not going into details due to privacy reasons).

But this time, it's official, I will get a panel, a Sicli (Secours Immédiat Contre L'incendie, which later became known as Chubb Sécurité Incendie) SLCP (Single loop control panel).

I have no idea if it works or not (or if it hasn't been gutted already gahk!) I'm expecting it to be worn out, the batteries will be discarded (hopefully they didn't spill their guts and corroded the PCB... Horror stories of Acid lead batteries leaking and eating everything up)
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Well I am glad that you were able to get something then!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:34 pm
Well I am glad that you were able to get something then!
Yeah I'm still dazzled but well, I got a panel but not the one I wanted, but hey! It's better than nothing!

The panel I got is a DEF POLARIS C2/6/10 manufactured in 2013, it only served one year before being thrown away... Anyways me and a friend tested it, and it works fine, just need to find the EOLR and the batteries and it'll be set!
Hello from France!
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Soooo since I promised I'll take pictures of it, here you go:

DEF Polaris C2/6/10 (aka "ASD Alpha C2/8")

Right below, this is the main panel's control buttons itself. You cannot silence the sounders themselves (per NF-SSI standards), instead you must wait 5 minutes before being able to reset the panel by going into Level 2.
Additionally two extensions cards can be attached to the main board a zone extension (this panel is two zones) and many others which I've forgot what they do.

The PCF button was for the fire door closing function (system had fire doors held by electromagnets which would disable if the FA system was activated, it was wired on the panel's auxiliary contacts which can be manually activated.

DI = Automatic detectors (the system had optical smokes)
DM = Déclencheurs Manuel = Manual Call Point
IMG_20181109_204100.jpg
IMG_20181109_204100.jpg (553.97 KiB) Viewed 109 times
The panel itself, it needs 3 batteries (!!), I need to find also 3.9kOhm EOLRs. It's from 2013 and has been disconnected in 2014 before me and my friend came to save it from being shredded for scrap.
IMG_20181109_204045.jpg
IMG_20181109_204045.jpg (433.97 KiB) Viewed 109 times
It's quite dirty (gunk, and glue residue for the tags that were on the casing)... I need to also find new screws (the ones I got don't fit very well), and new batteries (any recommendation for the brand of the batteries? I know their characteristics. The ones inside the panel when we got it were YUSA batteries). But otherwise it works just fine. OFC it complains having no batteries and no EOLRs attached (this was to be expected of course)
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm

That is a very cool panel that you got! Awesome job in getting it!