Kevtistic's Alarm/Bell/Detector Collection

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
BigKayCea
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 pm

My first Simplex products have entered the collection! This is my Simplex 2099-9754 pull station, which I bought "new used" with its original packaging, breaker rod, manual, mounting screws, and keys!

The Simplex t-bar is one of the most recognizable fire alarm devices in both the professional and casual fields, with production dating as far back as the 1960s, with few cosmetic changes. This is also my first device to come with a key.

This pull station is still in production today, and also comes in dual-action or break-glass variants.

According to the manual, this pull station was manufactured circa 1991. Although it was kept outside, its good cosmetic condition was likely due to staying in a box most of the time.

I inserted the breaker rod that came with the device as a demonstration of how it would break if the t-bar was pulled down. Since it was the only rod, I chose to keep it intact.

A look at the original packaging and accessories.

Last up is my Simplex 4903-9168 speaker/strobe! There are multiple versions of the Simplex 4903-series available, including versions with electromechanical horns, white-colored units, and ceiling-mount units.

This green asterisk on the strobe lens indicates that the strobe intensity is rated for 15 candela. It pulses at a rate of 60 flashes per minute. Different candela rates are available, with different shapes and colors to represent them.

Like my Simplex t-bar, this unit came with its original packaging, along with mounting screws inside the white bag for mounting.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Really great additions to your collection! I hope that you get more soon!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.