My [small] collection

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am

That looks like it is a very nice alarm! Great job on getting it!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am
That looks like it is a very nice alarm! Great job on getting it!
Add the Amseco that I just got to that list :p

By the way I'm getting a rare panel, a Cerberus Guinard TG02D (also known as "Legrand IT248) this panel is VERY particular, so stay tuned when I pick it up in October hopefully.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Does it have a US or North American equivalent?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 am

Well no, but you can consider its equivalent would be the Simplex 4001 or the elusive FireLite Miniscan without any NAC :mrgreen:

Truly it's a very odd panel, it can't power the NAs on its own, so you need a external power supply or use autonomous NAs (which are self-contained sounders that have their own PSU and battery backup). It is as such, relatively simple and small.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Scratch that again, the seller screwed me over and stonewalled me. Back to the starting point :x but this time round I may have a better chance at securing a Anelec Ansca 500 panel, I hardly know anything about it (and I think Anelec is now defunct, their website was last updated in 2006), my friend told me that this panel does both fire alarm and security alarm.

We'll see how this goes, but right now I'm outright angry that I got scammed by the first seller.
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm

That really sucks that the seller decided to just play around with you. I'm thinking you should PM a mod with the username so that it can be added to the list of users to avoid buying stuff from and why.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:16 pm

Wouldn't matter in the end, as soon as he was done trying to scam me, he deleted his account... What a coward.

Anyways the Ansca 500 might be a even better and rarer panel, if I can get it working that is, the guy who's selling the Ansca is in Paris though, if it turns out to be a fiddletrick again, I don't know what I'm gonna do, but whatever it is, I'll do it... I'm sick and tired of having to chase a wild goose that always ends up escaping every time I catch it.

It's not the 1st time that I got a issue with a panel.... I once had a Siemens Algorex panel that died (transformer caught fire, how ironic) in front of me when the seller tried to make it work.

I've been also considering biting the bullet and importing a panel from the US, but you know it's going to be eye-wateringly expensive.
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:13 pm

What would the problem be if the seller is in Paris? Both are in France so wouldn't it be no problem to get it shipped to you?
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:13 pm
What would the problem be if the seller is in Paris? Both are in France so wouldn't it be no problem to get it shipped to you?
Well, the problem with shipping is that the Ansca 500 is a fairly large and heavy (the cabinet is made of thick metal), so the costs will be, well very very very high (and with La Poste's fees... Ouch), and also I'm afraid of the parcel being lost (this happened to me a few times, one time with a [rare] Sicli FACP that never arrived, this time the seller refunded me without asking).

As for driving up to Paris, well, ideally I'd like to avoid this, because 1) Paris is often riddled with traffic jams (and as someone who got caught in one while I was taking the bus *yawn*, I'd rather not have a repeat of that) 2) it's so vast, I remember one day when I came to pick up a FACP in Chantilly for a friend, the seller was very vague with their address, all I got was a street name but not a house number, so if that went to happen again but with the guy from Paris, well...
Hello from France!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 pm

If you did have to go pick it up at the seller's house, I would hope they would give the number or if not you insist on it...
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 pm
If you did have to go pick it up at the seller's house, I would hope they would give the number or if not you insist on it...
Indeed, if not, I'd really be damned.
Hello from France!