New Panel!

Here you can create a topic to show off photos of your fire alarm collection, or to post a link to a website featuring your collection.
Forum rules
If you make a topic that has a link to your website, please mark it with "URL: " on the beginning of the topic name. Example: "URL: John Smith's Collection"
Nick
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Well, after nearly a decade of collecting, I have finally gotten my hands on a Simplex 4100! This panel is very special to me as the school that I had attended growing up had THIS exact same panel. That system is really what had sparked my interest in this hobby and had introduced me to this awesome community. I just thought I would share it with everyone, as I am very happy that I have been able to finally reach this milestone in my collecting career, especially with something as special and sentimental as this is to me.
523E2426-12C6-428C-93BB-7AD20758D556.jpeg
523E2426-12C6-428C-93BB-7AD20758D556.jpeg (69.34 KiB) Viewed 88 times
Nick Blinn
Full-time electrical engineering student.
Collecting for over a decade.
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: randomperson Fire Alarms

That's actually a 4100U - the direct successor to the 4100.

Keep in mind that older addressable devices (like 2099-97XX pull stations, and the "wiffle-ball" detectors) cannot be used on a 4100U without a special loop card.

The pull station that's sitting sideways on top is a 4099-9001, and is compatible.
Posting fire alarm systems from eastern Massachusetts (and a few other places) since 2017.

YouTube
Email: everysingletrouble3 -AT- gmail -DOT- com
Nick
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Oh, I know it’s a 4100U, I made a typo now that I look back at my post. I will have to try to fix that.
Nick Blinn
The fire alarm dude
New Participant
New Participant
YouTube Username: Owen Weber

Nice my dream panel is the 4100es
Nick
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

The fire alarm dude wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:18 pm
Nice my dream panel is the 4100es
Definitely one of my dream panels as well, but they're a real pain if you don't have access to the programming software. Mine pretty much serves as a big display piece unfortunately...
Nick Blinn