nathan12345toto's collection as of 05/27/13

My firealarm collection!

Really nice collection! Are you gonna get an electromechanical horn soon?

haha hope so

I like the white SpectrAlert…it looks nice.

thanks i like the red better

The white SpectrAlert Advanced looks better than any other alarm in white.

yes i have to agree but i like the red ones better

I saw this video, your panel is “whelen” ? You do know thats a real company? You could get in trouble for using there name.

It’s highly improbable that they would find out about it and then do something about it. If he stated selling “Whelen” branded equipment, however, then there might be a problem.

Jared, a friend of mine wanted a few whelen items, so he “made” his own. He made a siren and wound up getting sued by whelen…im just saying id change the name…

He got sued for just writing a company’s name on his own siren? So, if I make a computer tower out of wood boards, and write Lenovo on it, Lenovo can sue me? That seems a little farfetched.

What he selling it, or claiming that is was manufactured by Whelen?

Well, we’ve all seen examples on the absurd vengeance of the “victims” of copyright law. I would not put it past them.

That’s a little too strict, in my opinion.

wait!!! I can ge sued for writing a companys name on my property? I could counter sue i hope they know that.

Look everyone, im not trying to be rude…but “whelen” is copyrighted.

For example: if i were to build a control panel and call it an Alertek panel, thats not right…im using another company name.

My words to you is, make your own company like alphalert or something.

Well I got a panel already so the damage has been done

ok???

im just saying that im no longer using the panel so if they were going to sue me they would have done it already

Samson, to be completely honest I doubt Whelen would have done anything. I wrote Firelite on my own products back in 2008 and old one to my uncle, and it was just a switch and a cardboard handle. If they really sue a 13-14 year old kid or in my times 8 year old kid, then they must be really poor. Just saying.

If they do decide to sue, they would probably be laughed out of court. It’s not like he is CLAIMING their device is his own that he made.