utilitech exit sign/emergency light
Lithonia new style sign
MISC. alarms…
Air products module x7
3x bells
Napco security panel (made 1988)
OLD smoke alarms x15
Home alarm system (made 2002)
… Hello, I have a list of my alarm collection. I included exit signs also. I also have some OLD breaker rods for gamewell or ACME. I have some inoperable products too. Enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we see pictures or a video? I dont believe you stated the point you asked me if i was selling some of the alarms stated in your collection.

Damn that is a lot of alarms. You do system tests right?

Yes, but I cannot find out how to upload on youtube. We are working on a shed to put my alarms in. I am trying to talk my mom into putting a system in the house. It is ready, but my EST 2400 is inoperable.

How is that going? I know if it was my mom she wouldn’t be that thrilled.

I am trying to talk her into hanging truealerts on the wall. But I am not so sure it will work out. I will hopefully get a simplex 4010 by christmas. But I can’t put holes in the wall because she won’t allow me to. But if she approves, I will extend a few wires to the house from the shed, and use double sided tape to hang the alarms. But if I do put in smokes, I will tell everybody that visits to be aware of falling smoke alarms :lol: :lol: :lol:

You upload videos to YouTube by signing into your Google/YouTube account, then pressing the “Upload” button to the right of the search bar, as shown in the image below:

I can’t think of anybody that I know that would want holes to be put in their walls.

If I get a 4004,4005, or 4010 for christmas, I will wire up the house. And I will only use alarms with solid flat backs.

For most alarms, you will need 4x4 backboxes. The only alarms I can think of with flat backs are bells.

Although it is not safe, Gentex Commanders and Simplex TrueAlerts have flat backs.

Really? I didn’t think that they would have flat backs on them.

At your current experience level and the fact that you have never had an FACP – from what I can tell – you should stay away from the 4005 and 4010. These are very advanced panels that are way more work to use than connecting wires and powering it up.

With the 4005 you need to know how to program each zone to act as a fire, supervisory, or trouble circuit. You will need to know what cards do what for the panel and the card addressing system the panels use. Also, you will need to program the system and set up all the NAC functions before it’ll even work with detectors and pull stations… and before it will actually detect any fires.

With the 4010 you will need IDNET modules and you will need to know how to set binary addresses, and then on the panel you will need to know how to add and configure points, loops, zones, and more. It’s a very complicated panel, and that is why I do not recommend it to someone who has never had an FACP before.

The 4004 would be pretty good for a starter panel, though – It’s simple to wire and simple to use. Just don’t forget to do your homework first. Read the manual. Learn how it works. Get as much information you can about it before you use it. This information should go for ANY panel. IF you are unsure about something… STOP. Look it up first and if you can’t find the answer, ask about it here.

Good luck! :smiley:

UPDATE…

My Dad won an online auction FULL of FIRE ALARMS!!! I got these…
1x Fire-lite MS9200UDLS NIB
1x Fire-Lite power supply NIB
4x system sensor P2415 horn strobes
4x system sensor P2475 horn strobes
4x system sensor S2415 strobes
4x system sensor MASS2415ADA horn strobes
5x system sensor SS2415ADA strobes
3x system sensor 1451 smoke detectors
1x notifier BG-10
We also got…
7x lithonia exit signs with covers
2x lithonia exit sign without covers
1x lithonia emergency light
1x box of 1970s tiles NIB
4x Georgia Pacific touchless paper towel dispensers 1x NIB
1x box of cleaning supplies

Perhaps a link to the auction is in order. I m unable to find any such listing anywhere.