New system

I finally, after 2 years of begging, have got a “fire alarm system”. So far I have a Simplex 4099-9003 pull station and a Fire-lite bg-12 pull station. I only have one alarm and that is a Radio Shack buzzer that does fast march time. Finally for the panel I have the homemade ADS (accurate detection systems) 1005. I plan on buying a system sensor i-3 smoke detector but I have the kind of parents who are reluctant to having me make and buy my own parts and they don’t like me having a system.

Sounds like fun and good luck with your system!

My parents were also hesitant when I first started messing with electrical equipment. I would suggest showing them that you’ll take all the necessary precautions such as only working on equipment with the power off, observing safe wiring methods, setting up a system that can be easily unplugged and removed from the wall, etc. When I demonstrated to my parents that I had done the research and knew what I was getting into, they were supportive. Maybe ask what their reservations are (dangerous electricity, cost, noise, holes in the wall) and make compromises.

I did it’s just they don’t like the loud sound. My dad did say that maybe I could get a fire alarm chime.

Be careful, if you want to get an i3, I would suggest you get a 4 wire detector because the 2 wire ones will break if you try to use them on a homemade system. Trust me, I have had that irony happen, a smoke detector producing smoke from a failed component inside.