MKII's Alarm "Collection"

Well, hey there.

I am a new user here, but I have been into alarms since I was in Kindergarten. I kind of lost interest for a while, and just now have gotten back into the swing of things.

I have recently acquired three alarms, one is still on it’s way; a Simplex TrueAlert 4903-9419. Yes, I know that this alarm requires a sync module, and I will be attempting to make one on my own by using an Arduino.

I also have a raspberry pi which I could attempt a control panel with, but I would have to see related posts about creating a home made fire alarm control, but it would depend on my skills to code and program.

Anyway, on to my “collection.”

First off; a Simplex 2901-9806 B4 on a 2903 strobe plate…That I picked up for the oh-so-expensive price of $2 at the flea market. I have no idea if the 2903 light plates are more uncommon than the 2903 strobe plates, but if someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated! c:

And last; a Federal Vibratone 450D B4. These usually ran for around $100 new out of Federal Signal, but my uncle bought this one for me on eBay for my birthday. $15.

I will update this as time goes on.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my little collection. I expect this collection to exponentially grow as time goes on.

Off to a good start! 2093 light plates are about as common as the strobe plates, if not a little more. It seems like the light plates were more often used for march time horn installations, while strobe plates were used for bells, chimes, and speakers.

P.S. as some shameless advertisement, I’m selling 90% of my collection and would be happy to send you a mystery box if you’re looking to grow your collection.

Pretty fucking sweet, dude.

I assume he will send it IF you buy it…
And is the 2901 the same as a 2dcd?

Let me know what’s up. I get paid tomorrow. What is your starting number on said “mystery box?”

The Simplex 2901-9806, SAE 2dcd, Federal Signal 450D, FCI HP, etc. are all the same horn, with the 450D being the “original” model, and the others are rebranded.

Thank you

Good luck on the Smartsync spoof, but it seems to me like it would be difficult without a module and oscilloscope.

$30 free shipping for 10 alarms.

[quote] I have recently acquired three alarms, one is still on it's way; a Simplex TrueAlert 4903-9419. Yes, I know that this alarm requires a sync module, and I will be attempting to make one on my own by using an Arduino.

I also have a raspberry pi which I could attempt a control panel with, but I would have to see related posts about creating a home made fire alarm control, but it would depend on my skills to code and program.
[/quote]

From my own and Andrews experience, all I can say is good luck, because we’ve only built panels based on microcontrollers like the PICAXE, BASIC Stamp and the Arduino.

I would not mind going at an Arduino based FACP, but it would take a bit of coding, and I am in need of a few parts.

I understand that there are screens out there that I could use, but I want to go simple and compact.

I was thinking something along the lines of about 18 inches high, 12 inches across, and about two inches deep. The wiring would be a mess, but what isn’t anymore? haha.

I actually have found a SmartSync module and a few other alarms, so now I can get down to building a system.

What’s the model number? I’m 90% sure you bought the incorrect one (smart-sync to 24VDC).

It’s the right one - I’m giving him a 4905-9938 SCM in a mystery box.

Just dropped a $35 money order in the mail for you. Should be there no later than Wednesday.

Updating this here in a couple of hours… New alarms in the mail!

New alarms:

Wheelock E50-24MCW
Wheelock AS-24MCW
Wheelock 7002T
System Sensor SpectrAlert P2475
Wheelock Exceeder Remote Strobe (12/24v)
Simplex 2901-9838 & Unknown Strobe Plate
Simplex 4051
Simplex 4050-85 Light Plate
Simplex 4251-20
Johnson Controls MS-2
Edwards 270A-SPO