My collection

Hello!

New to the forum (Just found it the other day) but have been collecting sirens and alarms for a long time. Here’s my fire alarm and pullstation collection minus the doubles I have of some.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/84784285@N04/

Welcome to the forum!
I’m the administrator of this site.

Nice little collection you have there, there’s some pretty rare items in there.
Good luck if you wanted to try to mess with that Omegalarm panel, they’re not easy.

Good looking collection you have!

I have pretty much what you have, give or take a little.

The piece that really catches my eye is the Adaptahorn you have sitting there. My middle school had them, and I remember they managed to scare us every single time.

Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

Thanks! The adaptahorn is one of my favorites. I first set it off in the electronics lab in college, before I personally owned a low-voltage AC transformer, and it got everyone’s attention! What pieces are the most rare?

I am no expert, but I would say that those two SpaceAge plates and horns that you have are fairly rare. Space Age wasn’t around for very long, but they were successful. A handful of enthusiasts here have stuff from SAE, and they stand out.

Other than that, the Faraday pull is also pretty uncommon, but again. Enthusiasts do have them. However, I have noticed that the Adaptahorns, especially of that style are beginning to falter with the enthusiasts. Have not seen that many out there.

Keep collecting!

Destin and NewAgeServer have mystery boxes up in the Flea Market thread. $30-40, and you get a good amount and diversity of alarms!

The spaceage ones are brand new. I got them at a university surplus sale, and all I’ve done was remove them from their boxes. I would like to expand my collection, thanks for the advice!

Space Age Electronics is still in business…

SAE has a website.

If you ever want to sell that 9838, I’ll buy it because I need one for my 4903.
Anyways, good collection. Looks like a Simplex 4051 is behind the AV-32 on the left.

Nice collection indeed! It’s great to see some new members with cool collections joining the forum.

Space Age AV32 light plates were made from 1971 to the late 90’s, although they stopped being used for fire alarm signaling in the 80’s. Seeing them in person is getting rarer, but they turn up on eBay pretty regularly. There’s a massively overpriced one for sale right now. Even still, they are a desirable item among collectors. I’m selling most of my collection but keeping 4 Space Age devices since I saw them a lot growing up.

mytechtime: No thanks, I’m going to keep the 9838 with the light plate as that’s how it was removed from the building. The AV-32 on the left has an Autocall Company 12 volt horn behind it.

Destin: Thanks! I really enjoy my collection, though I am still looking for an agent release or halon release pull station and abort button to add to my Ansul Autopulse 442r.

1 Like

Are you willing to sell the Ansul panel?!?! I you are i would love to have it(It was my first panel, but it died)!

Nope, sorry. I just bought it the other day on eBay for a buy it now price of $9.99! I like it a lot.

:cry: Dang it…

They do currently have several others on eBay, otherwise maybe yours if fixable.

Without a new MCU and a isp programmer, and the code pulled off of another panel that’s not an option. Also I don’t have $125-$650+ to get one from eBay…