Firealarmkid123's Collection

While my interest in fire alarms (more so originating as a fear rather than an interest) began a while ago, I never really started a collection until more recently.

I’m working trying to get a couple more pulls and a horn strobe or two but I would have to talk with my parents about it because alarms scare my dogs. I’ll update this topic as I get new stuff…if I get new stuff…

Anyways, on to the collection part…
(Pictures to follow soon)

Pull Stations:

1- Autocall (Pyrotronics re-branded) MFS-2 Pull Station (with MFS-2 backbox and key)

Long backstory warning ahead…scroll through if you don’t desire reading long stories… :lol:

This was my first ever alarm and pull station. I was at my relatives’ farm a couple years back and one of my relatives had this sitting in their garage and I asked them if I could have it and they said yes, so I took it home, cleaned it up, and it works! I have to repaint it eventually as some of the paint is chipping off. It’s pretty cool though as these pulls are extremely rare and very difficult to pull.

–End of somewhat long backstory–

1- Wheelock RSS-24MCW-FR (my first notification appliance)

1- RadioShack piezo siren thing (it runs on 6-14 VDC and sounds like a security system siren)

1-Gamewell Three Fold Masterbox (just the inner porcelain box part)…it does code 4-5 and is really cool (even though I have no idea how to hook it up and likely no way to…)

And that’s my collection as of now! I’ll update this topic whenever (if ever) I get new stuff. I probably will in the near future…so stay tuned.

Would you mind posting some pictures of this key? Several users have been searching for years for one of these, impressive you were able to find one!!

I’m working on getting some copies cast based on measurements from the keyholes on my MFS-2 pulls, some pictures to go off of would help greatly. :smiley:

I just uploaded pics to photobucket and will take one of the key and will post it here. The pull station, backbox, and key are all stamped with a company logo “Super Cast”, likely referring to a cast iron company. Since I can’t find any information about the company, it likely went defunct a long time ago, but yes, I will upload photos

I would upload the photos on here as they are already on a hosting site but I can’t seem to get the image URL on here correctly from my phone. When I previwed the post, instead of photos popping up, a bunch of URLs popped up. Do I have to upload them once per img code or something?

Here are the pictures of the key per the request of kcin556:

Hope this helps!

If the link fails to work just say so and I’ll try it again… It’s hard uploading photos on a mobile device as it is…

Thank you! :smiley:

Great call on that one pic with the ruler, that truly is a big help to me.

Looks like the pics didn’t embed properly, but I was able to view them anyways. In the future, make sure you are using the actual image URL between the brackets by right-clicking (on PC) or holding your finger over the image (on mobile) and selecting “Open Image in New Tab,” then copying that URL.

On my Win7 desktop I only see the word “Image” four times.

I did a little research and found if I quote the post the entire img tag information shows. I copied and pasted them into a new tab and the picture was there. Then I tried a few things. I found if the “direct” code is inserted in the img /img tags the picture shows in post preview. Here is one I tried is posted.

Got it. Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I could only see the word Image four times as well when looking at TFP on my phone, so I had no idea whether it actually worked or not.

Here are photos of my collection so far. Picture warning! I can’t seem to figure out how to work the Photobucket image resize tool, so if anyone knows how I can do it so it resizes properly, I would appreciate the help. I’m new to all this Photobucket stuff so I’m not quite sure how the resize tool works. I know the images are going to be HUGE, so I apologize for any inconveniences that this might cause.

My Wheelock RSS 24MCW Remote Strobe.

My Pyrotronics/Autocall MFS-2 Pull Station

To update this post a bit, there is a break rod slot on the Pyrotronics MFS-2. Even though I already knew about this, I’m curious as to why the slot is flattened (not round like normal break rods are). I’m just curious, does anyone happen to know what would have been in this slot originally? Just curious. I know it had to have been a break rod of some type, but perhaps a flat piece of glass would have been placed there?

It’s just a regular, round break-glass rod. I believe this was installed as a replacement at some point, it’s probably a bit thinner than the original rod.

Thanks for the information! :smiley: I was planning on using an old plastic tube from a mechanical pencil that was broken, so I wasn’t quite sure how it fit in there!

NEW ADDITIONS TO MY COLLECTION: (from eBay)

*I bought all of these items from Samson, so thank you very much for that! :smiley:

I bought a:

Rare Simplex 4050-80 Light Plate
Gamewell M46-28 Century Pull Station w/ Century Pull Station Backbox
Rare Notifier LNG-1R (from the listing Samson put up this morning) - it’ll be yesterday by the time anyone reads this.

I had to also buy a 17021 key for my LNG-1R because I don’t have one.
As soon as the items get here I’ll be sure to post pictures (I’m going on vacation for a bit so I’ll do it upon my return Thursday evening.)