My Collection

Hi all, thought I’d share my small, but growing collection, and some of the backstory.

Silent Knight 5107 panel (found new/old stock at Habitat ReStore for $10)

Vintage Gamewell Century pull (flea market, $5)

Simplex STR 4017-42 Bell (rescued 2 of these from a 1960s classroom building being renovated on campus, gave one to a friend)

Edwards Adaptabel (was the alarm bell in an elevator being replaced on campus)

Federal Signal Vibratone Model 350 B-1 horn (antique store, $3 -it was listed as a speaker!! :P)

I also have a large collection of elevator buttons and elevator panels, some of which I would be willing to part with if anyone on here collects those, send me a PM. They’ve all been taken out of dumpsters across campus by me. (My college is on a huge elevator remodeling spree)

Those sound really nice for a beginning so far! Great job!

Thanks! I’ve been told by the lead project manager at my school if she comes across any more vintage alarms, she’ll keep me in mind!

Is she going to get more alarms if the school you are at upgrades? Does it have older alarms in it?

We have several buildings on campus from the 1960s. Theyre currently gutting and renovating a building which is split into 4 separate buildings, connected only on the 2nd floor (known as the Academic Complex) They’ve only gotten to one of the 4 building parts so far. I’m very excited because each building has different alarm types for whatever reason, despite being built all at the same time. There’s some Pyr-Alarm bells, as well as some much larger gong type Simplex bells, and several varieties of Simplex horns.

1 Like

Sounds like my school which uses primarily Simplex horn strobes (2903s and 9838s and 4903-9104s and 9846s) but a 4903-9252, Wheelock HSR Exceders, and one 4 wire TrueAlert that have been added over time to replace dead alarms.

So your school has mostly bells then?

Only in the 1960s buildings. Every other building on campus, except for the high rise forms has Simplex TrueAlert systems. The high rises have some form of Simplex voice evac systems.

What are the other varieties of Simplex horns?

A lot of the older buildings have the bells hooked up, but horns placed right next to them.
I’ve seen Simplex 4903-9101 horns and 2903+2901-9833 setups. That’s just in the older buildings. All the alarms are being replaced with TrueAlerts.

New addition for above my panel:

That looks like a really cool addition! Nice job on finding it!

Hey y’all. Had to make a new account, forgot my old login info and the forgot password system seems to be broken. Could anyone ID this bell?