Jelimoore's Humble Collection (just starting out)

Hey guys, figured I’d show off what I have right now. Currently in my posession I have:
[list]

• [*]Fire-Lite MS-9200UD (got it super cheap as a "for-parts" auction; works perfectly as far as I can tell
  • [*]FCI MS-2
  • [*]System Sensor Spectralert Clssic P1215 (12-volt only, probably going to retire)
  • [/list]

And in the mail I have a lot of stuff:
    [list]

• [*](2x) System Sensor SPCW Speakers (bought by accident, meant to get ones with a strobe)
  • [*]Simplex 2099-9754 Pull station, might not be remembering the model correctly
  • [*]Fire-Lite BG-10LX (just oging to steal the addressable mini-mod off the back)
  • [*]Fire-Lite MMF-300
  • [/list]

That’s my collection as of now - I want to try to get a few more traditional notification appliances but Im designing a voice evac system so I only really need speakers right now.

Looks good so far! I can’t wait to see what else you will get!

Just got the Simplex 2099-9754 in the mail today. That thing is a lot better than the MS-2. So much easier to actuate and reset. But my favorite pull is probably still going to be the MS-2, love the way it looks and while pulling it takes a lot of force, it is still quite satisfying.

Probably one of the reasons why they aren’t really used a lot anymore.

Yeah there are about a thousand better pulls than that - even those Sigcom ones where you have to manually reset the T-bar are better than the MS-2.

Nice collection so far!

RSG T-Bars also have to be manually reset as well. It’s like a cross between an Edwards 270 or 278 series pull and a Simplex T-Bar (assuming it’s not the rebranded Sigcom T-bars).

I’d argue that the Sigcom/RSG pull stations are better built than the Simplex ones, just because they’re made of metal rather than plastic.

Anyway, nice collection!

For sure. But I haven’t really heard of any of the Simplex ones breaking due to use. If Sigcom would put a spring in their pull, it would probably make it my favorite in terms of practicality. That or the BG-12.

The MS-2 will always be my favorite from a collector’s perspective.

Technically, a pull station isn’t used everyday (unless you modified it as a lightswitch… lol) but indeed they can break easily with the plastic aging and becoming brittle… A exemple would be this (this is not my video):

For those who cannot see the embedded video

In this case, the pull was dropped by accident… I assume the plastic became brittle and fragile over age (note the faded writing on the handle).

That’s interesting… Never seen that before. Makes sense though.

rip 4099

Ouch. I hope that they can get a replacement for that sometime since it was broken when it was accidentally dropped.

Forgot to mention, the video is pretty old, and since the time, the guy who took said video (Jared, he was also a moderator here) got a new one.

Oh well in that case I am glad that it worked out for him.

Looks good, keep up the collecting. I’m gonna make both a collection video on YouTube and a collection post on this website once I hit 300 subs on YouTube (I’m at 293 currently)

Just updated my collection:

• Wheelock RSS-24MCW
    • Wheelock HS4-MCW
    • Wheelock E70-MCWH (185 candela is insane)
    [quote] (I'm at 293 currently) [/quote]

296 now, 4 more to go :smiley:

Just a suggestion, but you really shouldn’t brag about how many subscribers you have on your channel.

Sorry about that, didn’t mean to put it that way. My bad