Setting up an FA Dialer....

Hey everyone,

I have a UDACT Dialer installed in my Notifier NFS-640 Onyx series FACP and I would like to connect it to a local phone network to where the panel can call a phone I will be setting up if any off-normal conditions occur. The question is how do I go about this? I don’t have telephone lines in my home that I can use, so the Dialer needs to be on an isolated phone system that I would have to build myself. So the question is do I connect the Dialer directly to a reciever, then to a phone? I would prefer to use an IP based phone system (like Cisco or Avaya), so does anyone know what receiver or parts I would need for something like that to communicate with the UDACT? I know this is kind of a complicated question, but if anyone can help me I’d really appreciate it. Thank you again!

Nick,

To be sure you are aware, you do know that panels do not communicate by vocals, it’s all dial tones or SIA (sounds like a modem). The panel will throw a trouble when it does not receive the “kissoff” confirmation tone from a reporting station. I have designed a system for NewAgeServerAlarm years ago, and it does work, but it requires a number of parts and knowledge that would be simply not be worth it for a single phone line setup like a panel. If you Google “alarmreceiver” or “alarm receiver”, you can see multiple projects, and videos of it in action.

Ryan