ADDRESSABLE FACP

Does addressable FACP allow detectors voting (2ooN)?. Kindly help!!!

I had to research the specification terms you are asking about. 2ooN logic seems to be the equal of cross zoning of multiple detectors. I cannot speak about any/all addressable fire alarm systems, only the Simplex systems I worked on for many years.

In the case of Simplex systems using programmable point lists and custom control, which is most systems, this can be done. For example, an area that has some critical process shutdown is protected by 10 detectors. It is desired that 2 detectors are required to be in alarm for the process shutdown to operate. The N=10 detectors would be placed in point list X (X represents the next empty user point list). Then custom control would be written that ANY 2 FIRE STATE OF LIST X causes an output to trigger.

This capability may be available in other brands of systems. Someone who is knowledgeable of these systems would have to comment.

Thanks for the reply. I’m using simplex 4007ES with simplex duct detector 4098-9755. I want to achieve 2 detectors voting to trip the HVAC system. Do I need a separate loop or specific card to implement this?