Exterior Fire Phones

Has anyone here ever installed a exterior fire phone? Having trouble getting info on one. Any links would be appreciated.
Its for an Edwards system, in Canada.

Thanks

[quote=Albabytcb post_id=86279 time=1582575636 user_id=5750]

Has anyone here ever installed a exterior fire phone? Having trouble getting info on one. Any links would be appreciated.

Thanks

[/quote]

Is it for an existing or new building? When it comes to those installations, I would check with the AHJ, some get picky with that. Our company had that problem with annunciators outside, some approve it but others go up in arms about it and we had to relocate one because of it. As far as I’m concerned there’s no rules regarding exterior fire phones, It would most likely have to be installed in a weatherproof enclosure.

I didn’t even know that annunciators actually could be installed outside of the building where it is exposed. Even if it does have a weatherproof back box, I don’t think still that it is a good idea.

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=86554 time=1584912447 user_id=85] [quote=Albabytcb post_id=86279 time=1582575636 user_id=5750]

Thanks

[/quote]

Is it for an existing or new building? When it comes to those installations, I would check with the AHJ, some get picky with that. Our company had that problem with annunciators outside, some approve it but others go up in arms about it and we had to relocate one because of it. As far as I’m concerned there’s no rules regarding exterior fire phones, It would most likely have to be installed in a weatherproof enclosure.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, with the pandemic I haven’t checked this forum for a while.
I was waiting for a reply from the AHJ when I posted this question.

The AHJ told us that it wasn’t necessary. There was concern that the fire phone would be needed at the roof entrance of a building under new construction because the roof has solar panels and that there would be more foot traffic for maintenance.
I was going to use a remote telephone jack with a weatherproof cover and a portable firefighters telephone to solve the problem but it’s not required.