Wire a SmartSync truealert without a Simplex sync module

My simplex SmartSync module stopped working. Can I wire a SmartSync truealert without the module? Its a 2 wire SmartSync only horn/strobe.

[quote=EthanBlaisAlarms post_id=86741 time=1585978079 user_id=5934]

My simplex SmartSync module stopped working. Can I wire a SmartSync truealert without the module? Its a 2 wire SmartSync only horn/strobe.

[/quote]

Only if you have a modern Simplex with built in SmartSync.

[quote="Retired STR-SG" post_id=86745 time=1586010597 user_id=3047] [quote=EthanBlaisAlarms post_id=86741 time=1585978079 user_id=5934]

[/quote]

Only if you have a modern Simplex with built in SmartSync.

[/quote]

Assuming that Retired STR-SG meant “modern Simplex panel”, if you can’t afford one (the only panel I’d recommend is the original 4010), you’re pretty much out of luck, unfortunately. You’d have to get another sync module, and, unfortunately, they – from my (admittedly very limited) eBay browsing – are very rare, and, depending on your budget, can be expensive.

Yeah, somehow I dropped the word “panel” from my answer. A quick search found one SmartSync Control Module on Ebay for $44.99.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplex-4905-9938-Smart-Sync-Control-Module-FREE-SHIPPING/283754745621?epid=1311781995&hash=item421119cf15:g:2tsAAOSwQlZeKif5

[quote=EthanBlaisAlarms post_id=86741 time=1585978079 user_id=5934]

[/quote]

How exactly did it stop working? are you sure you didn’t short a wire when you went to wire it up?

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=86923 time=1587605677 user_id=4672] [quote=EthanBlaisAlarms post_id=86741 time=1585978079 user_id=5934]

[/quote]

How exactly did it stop working? are you sure you didn’t short a wire when you went to wire it up?

[/quote]

I bought it, and it arrived not working right (i got a refund,and got to keep the module, but I never bought a new one). It does not flash SmartSync strobes, and the horn sometimes sounds even though no power is going to the horn control terminals. I recently decided to see what i could use it for, and found that it syncs up non-SmartSync strobes for some reason.

The strobe section of SmartSync and Not So Smart Sync work the same. There is a power drop of around 15 mS which flashes the strobe. The SmartSYnc sends a 4 bit horn control signal every 8 sync pulses.

On the SmartSync Control Module the NAC IN terminals provide the power to the NAC OUT terminals. The HORN IN is only a control input. When multiple modules are used each one needs a separate NAC for the NAC IN. The HORN IN can be daisy chained to several modules because it is only for control.