System Sensor SPSCW Mounting Plate

Hey everyone. I have a System Sensor SPSCW that didn’t come with the mounting plate, so could anyone tell me where I might find one for it? I can’t use the device without the plate as it has the terminals on it. (yes I do have an audio input for it despite not having a voice evac panel)

eBay is a great resource, once in awhile universal speaker mounting plates will show up. Otherwise, see if you can find a spectralert advance speaker/strobe listed for cheap, even if it’s not working, since the speaker mounting plates are all universal; wall/ceiling doesn’t matter.
Just out of curiosity what are you using for an audio amplifier?

Just like with my WS1T-24 mechanism problem, I don’t want to have to ruin a perfectly good alarm by stealing something from it to fix another. I’d prefer to buy just the plate itself. (which I haven’t been able to find any of on Ebay)

I don’t have any sort of amplifier, I have to use devices like a computer or a digital audio recorder to supply audio input to my speakers and speaker/strobes. I use a custom audio cable with a male audio plug on one end and two wires on the other, the plug end goes into the speaker plug on the audio source, the two wires connect to the speaker terminals on the alarm. I have to do all this due to not having a voice evac panel to use with the alarms. I wouldn’t normally buy speakers or speaker/strobes since I don’t have a voice evac panel, but this one just happened to come in a lot of alarms I bought.

[quote=CarsonFireAlarm post_id=86823 time=1586736070 user_id=2958]

Just like with my WS1T-24 mechanism problem, I don’t want to have to ruin a perfectly good alarm by stealing something from it to fix another. I’d prefer to buy just the plate itself. (which I haven’t been able to find any of on Ebay)

I don’t have any sort of amplifier, I have to use devices like a computer or a digital audio recorder to supply audio input to my speakers and speaker/strobes. I use a custom audio cable with a male audio plug on one end and two wires on the other, the plug end goes into the speaker plug on the audio source, the two wires connect to the speaker terminals on the alarm. I have to do all this due to not having a voice evac panel to use with the alarms. I wouldn’t normally buy speakers or speaker/strobes since I don’t have a voice evac panel, but this one just happened to come in a lot of alarms I bought.

[/quote]

This is what I use for an amplifier: https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Mini-Home-Power-Amplifier/dp/B002UL5WM8

My dad might have a few audio amplifiers in his possession, (he’s a HAM radio operator) but the way I see it I have no need for an amplifier; the volume the sound is played out of the speaker or speaker/strobe is loud enough for me.

While you’re not likely to run into any problems with the speaker by driving it this way, you should make sure you’re using an amplifier that outputs sound within the limits of the speaker (in this case 25.0v or 70.7v). Also, the speakers are designed to have a specific volume (selectable in watts, which is the power draw for that speaker). On the System Sensor models I believe they are 1/4, 1/2, 1, or 2 watts. If your source isn’t capable of producing that amount of power you could overload it, so definitely make sure your source not only provides the correct voltage, but can provide enough power as well.

As far as obtaining a mounting plate, forget trying to buy OEM (unless you are really good friends with someone that has an account with a supplier). If you bought this lot online, try contacting the seller to ask if they have the mounting plate in another lot somewhere. I’ve had a lot of good luck with eBay sellers when I’ve had issues like this.

Coincidentally you mentioned not robbing a working device to fix another, I just remembered I had one of my SPSCWs on my personal system fail awhile back. I replaced it but I’ve still got the old defective unit and its’ mounting plate I believe. Send me a PM I’m sure we could work something out if you’d like it.