Honeywell Alarm ID?

Post here if you need help with something related to fire alarms
firealarm2905
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: firealarm2905

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am

Can someone please indentify this? And tell me if the photo came up please...
Attachments
what.jpg
what.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Prog
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: CODMarioWarfare

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm

It came up.
I think that was actually a thermostat painted red or something, I've seen that thing before.
firealarm2905
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 am

Prog wrote:It came up.
I think that was actually a thermostat painted red or something, I've seen that thing before.
Alright, It was a thermostat. Actually almost killed myself w/ it. I opened it to mount it on my bedroom wall and BAM!, kerosene comes flying out and goes into my mouth, eyes, and nose. I quickly went to the restroom to rinse everything out. I was luckily fine....
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 am

Yow! Kerosene really? I guess we should all be careful at what we are trying to mount so we don't get hit in the face with caustic fluids.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Magnum Alert
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

that's a temperature limit switch. usually installed at a sprinkler riser and set to 40 degrees. when it gets too cold (danger of the sprinkler system freezing), contact closure occurs and it trips a supervisory zone. Newer units aren't adjustable and are fixed at 40 degrees.
Service Technician

Specializing in Ademco/First Alert, Napco, GE NetworX, DSC, DMP, and Moose.
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: NewAgeServerAlarm

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm

firealarm2905 wrote:kerosene comes flying out and goes into my mouth, eyes, and nose. I quickly went to the restroom to rinse everything out. I was luckily fine....
You sure that was kerosene? I've never heard of a flammable fuel being put inside a thermostat before. Now I've heard of mercury but not kerosene.

Was the liquid a small silver blob or a sort of clear liquid substance?

Old thermostats use mercury in their contact mechanisms because it is a superior conductor of electricity. Because of the highly poisonous properties of Mercury, its use has been discontinued and changed to copper contacts.
Andrew Davis -- Chief Administrator & Site Owner
The Fire Panel & The Fire Panel Forums
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
firealarm2905
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm

NewAgeServer wrote:
firealarm2905 wrote:kerosene comes flying out and goes into my mouth, eyes, and nose. I quickly went to the restroom to rinse everything out. I was luckily fine....
You sure that was kerosene? I've never heard of a flammable fuel being put inside a thermostat before. Now I've heard of mercury but not kerosene.

Was the liquid a small silver blob or a sort of clear liquid substance?

Old thermostats use mercury in their contact mechanisms because it is a superior conductor of electricity. Because of the highly poisonous properties of Mercury, its use has been discontinued and changed to copper contacts.

Clear liquid, and my dad said it smelled like kerosene, and talking about mercury, what can happen if your skin comes in contact w/ mercury? I heard you can go mad, and no I didn't come in contact w/ it.
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

firealarm2905 wrote:BAM!, kerosene comes flying out and goes into my mouth, eyes, and nose. I quickly went to the restroom to rinse everything out. I was luckily fine....
firealarm2905 wrote:Clear liquid, and my dad said it smelled like kerosene, and talking about mercury, what can happen if your skin comes in contact w/ mercury? I heard you can go mad, and no I didn't come in contact w/ it.
Which is the real story?
All questions or concerns, please PM here or email at newageserver@thefirepanel.com

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
nightfly287
Wiki Team Member
Wiki Team Member

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 pm

He got hit with kerosene, not mercury.
nightfly287 -- Director of Sarcasm
Samson
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 pm

NewAgeServer wrote:
firealarm2905 wrote:BAM!, kerosene comes flying out and goes into my mouth, eyes, and nose. I quickly went to the restroom to rinse everything out. I was luckily fine....
firealarm2905 wrote:Clear liquid, and my dad said it smelled like kerosene, and talking about mercury, what can happen if your skin comes in contact w/ mercury? I heard you can go mad, and no I didn't come in contact w/ it.
Which is the real story?

i think there all fake :wink:
Samson B. - Head Administrator
If you have any questions or concerns please send me a PM.
Miniman0404
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Miniman0404

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Sam wrote:
NewAgeServer wrote:
Which is the real story?

I believe that with the second post stating that the liquid was assumed to be kerosene, that was not explained in the first post, it was instead brought up in a second post.
-Miniman0404
NewAgeServer
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm

That wasn't what I meant, he first said kerosene spilled in his face then contradicted it by saying the kerosene never made contact with him.

My Fire Alarm Site
YouTube Channel
Prog
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: CODMarioWarfare

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

I think "it" referred to mercury.
firealarm2905
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Prog wrote:I think "it" referred to mercury.
1) it came in contact with me, but I took it off quickly.
2) Sam, they are all real except the whole mercury question thing, I was just wondering.
3) Prog, Nothing referred to mercury. There was only some in a tough plexiglass container in it that my dad took to some company to dispose it i believe.
firealarm2905
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Sam wrote:
NewAgeServer wrote:
Which is the real story?

LOL, Sam that's pretty rude :wink: I'm not lying in any of these, whats the point of that?
And NewAge, The kerosene came in contact with me! I never said it didn't. And If I did then it was a mistake.