Are ADT products compatible with Fire-Lite Products?

Are ADT products compatible with Fire-Lite products? I’ve noticed that ADT products look just like Fire-Lite products, and even have the same model number, but just an “MADT” at the end.

So, more specifically, is ADT’s “M300MADT” monitor module the same thing as Fire-Lite’s “M300” monitor module? Is the M300MADT compatible with Fire-Lite addressable panels?

Thanks!

Yeah, they are identical. ADT’s product line is 100% rebranded equipment.

So, just to clarify, an ADT monitor module will work with a Fire-Lite addressable control panel, right?

Yep.

Thanks for the clarification!

@new age server: isn’t ADT owned by firelite or is it just rebranded firelite equipment?

ADT is owned by Tyco, which is ironically the same company that owns Simplex. Fire-Lite, Notifier, Silent Knight, Gamewell-FCI, and System Sensor are all owned by Honeywell. ADT just takes Fire-Lite’s equipment and puts their name on it.

ooh ok

There have also been instances in which ADT re-brands Simplex devices. Take my T-bar for example, it has a Simplex logo on the front and looks like an ordinary 4099 or 2099, but the label inside tells a different story.

Well that’s really weird I haven’t seen any simplex devices renamed by ADT

I used to have an ADT 6008, which was a rebranded Simplex 4008.

I have one of those. It says “ADT” where the “B” would be on the lock. I’ve heard the ADT key included with the pull station will also work as a Simplex B key. Is this true?

No. The ADT key and Simplex B key are totally different.

This video compares a 2099-9756 to the 3403 and in the description, the publisher states “Also, the B-key is NOT the same as the ADT key.”

1 Like

Oh, that’s disappointing.

And yes, I hate it how the paint easily comes off. Mine smeared because of a little bit of water.

He said that only the label said ADT. The alarm still appeared to be Simplex.

I have seen Simplex Tbars on eBay before with ADT branding.

Yes. For all we know, every 2099 or 4099 we see could be ADT. :shock:

And in some instances, ADT did get the pull station with their logo on the front. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7OEKqMiV-Q

You can tell that Simplex originally made them and ADT rebranded them since “Simplex” is part of the mold, and engraved into the pull. ADT then slapped a sticker on it, since they could not remove the “Simplex” text.

This also happens on a GX-90: “GENTEX” is part of the mold, Simplex slaps a sticker on it.

What T-Bar have you seen with an ADT sticker on it. I have seen the Gentex alarms with the sticker on it, you’d think that they would put a little more effort into making custom ADT horns.

Does ADT own Gentex? It seems like most alarms are being re-branded in some way or another.

Here are the owners of most of the major alarm companies:

Tyco International

• SimplexGrinnell
  • ADT

Honewell Life Safety

• Fire-Lite
  • Notifier
  • System Sensor
  • Gamewell-FCI
  • Silent Knight

Siemens

• Cerberus Pyrotronics
  • Faraday

UTC Fire & Security

• EST

Cooper Notification

• Wheelock

Gentex

Gentex is its own company. Interestingly enough, 98% of their profit comes from selling auto-dimming mirrors for cars.