Fire Panel Troubles

So I have a System Sensor PDRP-1001 Fire Alarm Panel. I recently found a really neat way on how to put battery backup on the panel the correct way. I noticed that there was a Supervisory, System Trouble and Zone 4 trouble. I do have an EOLR at the Zone 4 output. Any help. I do have a video I made about it.

Well let’s see the video!

Link?

I know, I did a quick search on YouTube for it, and didn’t find it.

*Whistle
Does he have his youtube on his account, andrew? I looked up his account and I could not find anything

Yes, his YouTube username is listed on his board profile. I’m not sure what video it is, though.

Ok… What is his youtube name?

firealarm2905

Hold on. I’ll upload it when I get home.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odfOEGdCrQo&feature=youtu.be

I must note that it is dangerous to use transparent tape on electrical wires. You should use electrical tape. :wink: Also, the wires that were sticking out of the terminal, do those have wire nuts on them? If not, that can also be dangerous.

The panel might be partially defective, which is why zone 4 can’t detect the resistor. Or, you could be using the improper resistor. It appeared as if you were using the proper, resistor, though. Check for DIP switches, and see if the supervisory has been turned on. The supervisory trouble could also be causing the power trouble, and, if zone 4 is set as a supervisory zone, the supervisory trouble could also be causing the system trouble. Most Fire-Lite panels come with special resistors that I believe are supposed to be used on supervisory circuits. I’m not completely sure what they are for, though.

Where did I have transparent tape? And no, they don’t since I made almost no connections anywhere and no wires are shown. And yeah I think it is defective. I got it from computertech24 and he said it was fine. And i’m not sure how to work the dipswitches. They are mainly used for the Release portion of the system, not the fire part.

I thought I saw transparent tape on one of the battery cables, my mistake. Oops! I forgot that this is a deluge control panel. I don’t know much about these panels, so I won’t be of any help.

With Fire-Lite fire alarm control panels, there is usually a label on the backside of the door that has the positions. It is also in the instructions: