Simplex 4008 Bad NAC

Hi. I have a Simplex 4008 and recently The second NAC stopped working after the first NAC got connected to the second NAC in parallel. It will not apply any power to the circuit, but it did not give me a trouble until now when I noticed the little indicator LED was flickering on and off very quickly until it went solid and then gave me a trouble. THis LED shows when the circuit is on or has a trouble. I think it may be the MOSFET/relay, but I am not sure.

With Fire-Lite panels, once this happens, nothing can be done by the end user to fix this. The motherboard is supposed to be replaced, but there are companies out there that will fix fire alarm panels. I’m not sure about that specific panel, but some Simplex panels have built in fuses. It sounds like it is fried.

Maybe someone else will know a solution.

It sounds like the NAC is fried.

I don’t believe the 4008 has any fuses.

No, I don’t believe it has any fuses for the NAC

Its had a good life, but now it will move on…
ANYWAY…
The panels mother board needs to replaced when that happens

why would you jumper one signal circuit to another??

Probably live wires accidentally touching.

Said easily, it is dead. Nothing else you can do. It is simplex. Proprietary. Since they expect techs to work on the panel, they used that technology thinking it would not break. Just try to do one of 2 things: 1:Buy a new panel. 2: Buy a new panel Motherboard. Nothing really you can do. Sorry.