Resetting the EEPROM on a Silent Knight 5204

Hey guys,

Does anyone here know how to reset an EEPROM on the SK-5204 fire panel? I know I have done it before by shorting out certain terminals but I forget which terminals to hook up the wire to. I think I either changed the password in programming by mistake or I used up the max. number of times the EEPROM can be used (which probably won’t work regardless).

Also on a less important note, my NACS both show a trouble condition, even though I have a EOLR on them. They still work fine and activate an appliance I hook up, I’m just baffled as to why it’s giving a NAC trouble on both.

Either way, I think my panel is about shot! It’s been a good few years with this starter panel, but I think it’s time for an upgrade in the future when I can afford it to get a basic addressable panel and learn about those features.

Any help would be appreciated! Especially if I can get a few more years out of this thing until I have the time to get a new panel!

Thanks! :smiley:

Friendly reminder – any instructions on how to do this shall not be posted publicly.

If anybody knows how, please send the OP a PM.

If anyone posts the instructions publicly the poster will receive a Board Warning.

There is a difference between giving out codes to panels than just doing a factory reset.

Yes, but they can both cause serious problems to an actual life safety system…

a panel default won’t fix that problem.

there is a way but I forget. that’s an obsolete panel, it’s probably not worth fixing.

It probably is to a hobbyist…

Did you reset the panel

It might we still don’t know if it did or not.

Do you have $150? That should be enough for a cheap panel on eBay.

Here are some links:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Notifier-by-Honeywell-SFP-400B-4-Zone-Conventional-Fire-Alarm-Control-Panel-/161051837634?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item257f7004c2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viking-Par-3-Deluge-Preaction-Control-Panel-Fire-Sprinkler-System-/121130930920?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item1c33f752e8

The second is a Agent release panel, so I would go with the first.

This is a good, new in box option:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-FIRE-UTC-FSP302R-Conventional-Fire-Alarm-Red-Control-Panel-3-Zones-/321004062887?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item4abd5548a7

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. And sorry for the delayed response and additionally bumping this topic. Since I’m going away to college and all that, I figure I’m not going to have time or money to invest in a new panel right now. It still works, besides the constant NAC troubles and programming issue. But I’m sure the current panel is well on it’s way out, especially since it’s discontinued. I figure in the future when I move into my own place, I’d tear the stuff down in my old room and fix up my closet wall I probably destroyed. Then when I have the time to get more involved I’d probably get back into the whole hobby, I would do some sort of demonstration board/wall set up. But until then I’ll be either learning about fire alarm and other building systems to pass the time!