simplex 4050-80 help

I dont know how to put a horn on a 4050-80 or mount it in my fire alarm shed. please help!!!

The 4050-80 was meant to be used with a backbox specifically made for it, but you can still mount it.

You will need:

(1) 4x4 metal junction box
(1) 4x4 box extender (You need this because the back of the 4050-80’s light assembly is very large)
(2) 2" long screws that are the right diameter to screw into the junction box. Someone at the hardware store can help you figure that out. (I don’t remember, sorry)

What to do:

1. Install the box extender onto the box.

2. Place your horn into the 4050-80, it will sit on the metal brackets that are on the back. Note that it is loose. I recommend using a piece of duct tape to hold it in place.

3. This is the tricky part. Have someone hold the horn and the light plate for you while you wire them up. Please note that the wires for the light will have to go through a knock-out on the box extender so they do not get crushed.

4. Place the horn over the box and push the wires in. Insert the screws through the horn and line them up with the box, then tighten them down.

That’s it!

If you need any more help, let me know.