Smoke Detector Wiring to a standalone system.

Can anyone tell me how to hook up a System Sensor 2100 smoke detector to work on an 18V standalone system and the smoke detector wired in series with a pull station?

2100 is too general to base an answer off of since it is a series number-- What is the voltage range and is it 2 or 4 wire?

24V and 4 wire, the model number is 2100 not anything else.

The 2100 series detectors are actually 2-wire. Without a panel, you unfortunately won’t be able to use it as you described.

Actually, mine is 4, you need to wire all four to make the LED and smoke sensor work. In the video I listed (which thanks NLind for the video) he wired it up with no panel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvE-xfnN4

Did he wire it up or did he help you wire it up

What? He wired it up, but he never helped me since YouTube doesn’t let me message him.

So he drove over to your house and wired it up. :lol: you guys live close or something.

Oh I though you meant if he did it at his own house. I know how to connect the power but im asking if i can hook it up to a standalone system. If so, how?

I did it with mine do you have a Terminal block inside the panel

Even though there may be multiple terminals, 2-wire means that the detector is powered and connected to an IDC across just two wires. When the detector goes into alarm, the panel trips by sensing minor changes in resistance from the current that it would normally draw. Without a panel, this won’t work.

It looks like NLind wired the horn/strobe to the remote LED annunciator output. You could do that just for demo purposes, although it would require a resettable power source and you wouldn’t be able to wire it in series with a pull station. Keep in mind that the LED annunciator output cannot exceed 130mA - one electronic horn/strobe is about all it could handle.