EST/GE Fireshield Questions?

Can someone tell me everything about the Fireshield Panel? By GE? Does the panel put out DC when being powered correctly + batteries? Does it have coding options? Can you make one NAC do a different coding?

Did you even bother to look at the data sheet?

By DC, I think you’re referring to filtered current rather than FWR. The FireShield outputs FWR current for the NAC’s. Coding options are continuous, temporal, and Genesis sync. Coding/silencing can be set for each NAC individually.

No, Andrew. I did not. I’m asking these because maybe I was curious and I wanna know before I get one. I’ll look at it before I power it up, wire it, etc.

[quote=“Destin”]
By DC, I think you’re referring to filtered current rather than FWR. The FireShield outputs FWR current for the NAC’s.

So will the Edwards Integrity work with it, Because I’m using Genesis HS’s, and Integrities.

Next time do some homework first. This is a team effort, not a handout. Put some effort into your own project.

Jake maybe i am? I’m spending money on this and trying to figure some things out. I just don’t know a lot, last time I checked thats not a crime.

If you did not bother to read the spec’s of the thing… What do you expect us to do? The questions you asked are available online. What if someone gives you bad information?

Research it, and THEN ask so we can be of genuine assistance.

Well I doubt i can damage the panel if they answer any of my questions wrong. I can only mess a Simplex signal, which I will never use anyways. And like I said, i’ll look at the manual when I wire it and power it up. I just had a few questions. That’s it.

Actually no. As about a dozen or so current and past members can attest doing even the smallest thing wrong with a panel can destroy it. Even using the wrong signal type risks damaging the sensitive electronics.

Clearly, someone who is already in over their experience level should not be making such comments.

We do have a sticky on this forum for beginners who are curious about investing in a panel. I recommend looking over the manual a few times before you invest a dime in anything. Make sure you at least have a decent understanding about it. Ask detailed questions about particular things you are unsure about and go from there.

Thanks jake! I was acting pretty stupid, but yeah i just remembered you’re licensed but the seller is also selling me the alarms that were put with them. So I’m sure that they will all work. And he is also sending the manuals.

All 24VDC signals will work fine except for Simplex 4903-series and TrueAlert strobes.

You were not acting “stupid.” you just need to make sure you do not make a mistake. Panel’s are expensive, especially if it’s something you have saved for. The hard work and effort you put in before buying will really pay off once you have it.

Yeah, plus I have always wanted this panel and it would devastate me if i ruined it the day I got it. But I’m sure i’ll be fine considering I learned after i completely blew my old panel.

Yeah, a few of us have managed to fry our NACs.

The FireShield comes in 2 ways: the LCD and LED version and the LED only version. I recommend the LCD and LED version.