Help on Simplex 4100ES

My company has installed 5 4100es panels along with a graphics installed on a pc in ring topology. It currently shows the following troubles:-

1. UL I/O card missing
  2. Common point trouble at node 1 to 6 (i.e. at all nodes on the network).

Does anyone know what the solution could be? Also has anyone faced this before? Thanks.

Hi! Welcome to The Fire Panel.

Unfortunately we don’t have many users who have experience in high-end networked Simplex systems like the 4100ES.

This forum is more meant for collectors and enthusiasts than for professionals.

I’d recommend you go to our sister forum, www.davidsonfirealarms.com and re-post your question there. That forum is only for industry professionals, technicians, and collectors who are extremely knowledgeable.

Thanks
Andrew

It sounds like it’s a trouble on the TSW, or the graphic computer. UL I/O card is installed within the TSW (graphic system). Which makes sense because all the nodes report to the TSW, therefore sending a common node trouble to all fire panels, that have points networked across. Generally a warm reset, there should be a key, to reset, if the UL I/O card doesn’t come back online, there’s a good possibility the card needs to be troubleshooted further. Through my experience in Chicago, we rarely use the I/O’s.

I allowed that response even though the topic is old. It adds some good information.

Welcome to the forum, SimplexisComplex!