Fire Lite MS-4

I am about to buy a Fire Lite MS-4 for my first panel but need to know where one would find information on it. I am aware of the long manual online but is that the only way? Thanks

The datasheet has all the important specs. Is there something you’re looking for in particular?

You find information by reading the “long manual.” Once you have done that, come back and ask specific questions.

Thanks for the FYI Jake I know that.

I would not buy anything until you have read the manual front to back. There is no “easy” skate here. Make sure you understand it pretty well and ask complex questions before buying. We have a literal handfull of kids here who have blown up brand new panels right out of the box after spending as much as 500 dollars on them.

What type of other information would you be looking for?

The MS-4 is a fairly simple panel to set up and use but it is fragile – like all panels.

Watch what you’re doing and try not to break it. If there’s something about it you’re unsure about, consult with the manual and if you can’t find it, by all means ask us here!

Wait, do you want quick info?

[list]

• [*] Runs on 120 VAC (house current)
  • [*] NAC output: 24 VDC **FWR**
  • [*] 4 IDCs (zones), can be configured for alarm or supervisory
  • [*] 2 NACs
  • [*] Coding options: Continuous, Code-3
  • [*] 24 VDC Resettable and Nonresettable Power (ideal for 4-wire smokes)
  • [*] Alarm, Trouble, and Supervisory Relays
  • [*] Annunciator Capability (not included)
  • [/list]

It’s not like I own one.

Or do I? :wink:

I’m going to buy is first and do my homework on it while it gets here,and until I’m done. After I know what there is to know, I will unbox it. That is because I simply can not pass up this deal and I will never have such a good deal again !

You didn’t buy any of these, did you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fire-lite-alarm-control-panel-honeywell-ms-2-ms-4-ms-2e-ms-4e-box-parts-book-key-/221275442077?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item33850b4b9d
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRE-LITE-ALARMS-90343-HARDWARE-KIT-FOR-MS4-/310732656500?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item48591c0f74

Considering that it hasn’t sold yet, I don’t think he bought it. :lol:

Whoops! I meant to ask if he was going to buy those. :smiley:

Green, you bring up a good point though…

Read everything carefully on an ebay auction, I’ve heard of people buying panels labeled “Parts” not realizing they got fried by lightning.

No it is not being sold online :smiley:

You left out the most important spec about this panel, it can handle 3 amps and can be upgraded to 6 amps with a second transformer. Never buy a panel until you the power output it can do.