Common Trouble on Mirtone 7200 panel

Hi,

Our Mirtone 7200 had a catastrophic battery failure due to battery age.

I replaced the two 12-volt cells and the battery fault cleared.

However the Common Trouble light remains flashing. I do note some possible smoke/burn residue on the panel.

Does anyone have access to a manual or information for this panel? I’ve been unable to find anything online.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi! Because this forum is geared more towards collectors, I don’t think anyone here will be able to help. You may want to repost this on our sister forum, DavidsonFireAlarms. If you need a solution quick, post it in the “urgent” section and an email blast will be sent out to all technicians on DFA.

Thanks!

Thanks, I’ll try there.

Though from the sounds of it the Mirtone 7200 might be eligible for collectors status! Perhaps it will be my first.

Looks as if the Registration process on that forum is broken.

I’m stuck in a Register Today! loop.

I’ll try again later.

Sorry for your troubles – that forum is actually having major technical problems.

First off I want to welcome you to The Fire Panel forums!

1. I noticed your Trouble Silence switch is flipped on. On a lot of these older panels the light will not go out until the switch is flipped off and there’s no troubles in the system. Try that first.

2. Have you disconnected the batteries and connected a voltmeter to the battery terminals? If it’s not reading between 20 and 28 volts or around that then your panel’s battery charger is no good.

3. Did you check the fuses, if there’s any? From your photo it looks like there’s a removable fuse of some sort below that burn mark you outlined. It’s a blue rectangle, right above the black bezel plate. I’d say look around and try to find a burned fuse, and try to replace it.

4. By the age of this system it may be time for a new one. Are you from Canada? Mirtone is more common in Canada than in America. Potter Signal has a nice 2 zone panel that is pretty reasonably priced and should be compatible with your devices. Unless you’re authorized to work on fire alarm systems, contact your fire alarm service company.

5. Just a survey question – is this panel installed in a building or are you a collector?

Hope this helps.

1. When Trouble Silence is switched to Off, the Common Trouble light continues to flash but we also get audible indications on the system horn.

2. Yep, we had checked the voltage. 24 volts across the batteries when discharging (AC disconnected and panel on) and 26 volts when charging.

3. The grey/blue is a ribbon connector to the annunciation panel. I don’t see any fuses or breakers.

4. Unfortunately the fire alarm panel is in the room where we store all our confidential client files in the open. It’ll be quite a task emptying the room to bring a fire alarm tech in. But as you say the system is quite dated and we should have a qualified person test or replace the unit.

5. This is an in service unit in a clients commercial building. Though this forum has now peeked my interest. My system at home is in need of replacement so maybe I’ll think about doing a commercial style install for the fun of it.

Maybe if the old panel is replaced you could snag it and see if it can be fixed for your collection.

Yeah, perhaps.

Would be sweet to put some pull stations in the house to. Wonder if that’s possible with this unit.

I’d love to find a manual for it.

It appears that zone two has a loose resistor. Third terminal from top left. At least thats what i see in the photo.

Maybe the resistance is broken , change it

I know that you might try to get your hands on the panel but, If you can PLEASE let me take the panel.

Could be a ground fault on that 4 wire smoke power since I don’t see anything else connected to the panel. Or could be shorted/overloaded?