Space Age 2DCD "sings"

I have 3 AV-32s with 2CDC horns. I noticed one of the horns was a little bit “weird” when I tested it for my upcoming home system.
Here is a video of this strange occurrence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUWxz-7RZM
ALT:
http://quickalert.weebly.com/collection
By the way my friend was filming and found the zoom feature of my camera)

If anybody knows how to fix this alarm, I would appreciate it because I really don’t want to have to buy another alarm.

Do you know where the volume screw is? It may be slowly unscrewing itself, or could be too loose. Try adjusting it- it may work.

More likely, the power supply is messed up. Are you supplying a constant 24VDC to the alarm? Try sounding it with a different power supply. If it still doesn’t work, reply and let us know, so we can help you further. :smiley:

My avatar is quite fitting. LOL

It is being run off a 12 V power supply that outputs 15 volts. Guilty is charged but I don’t have a 24V power supply yet. But it used to work and the minimum voltage is 18, so not too far off. I’ll try again when I build my panel but until then I’ll look for the volume screw. (Any idea where that is? Not in the front grill, I checked)

Above is the back of my Fire-Lite HDP horn, which is identical to the Space Age 2DCD.

The volume bolt is the brass colored bolt that appears to be sitting on top of a spring.

So, clockwise or counterclockwise to fix this? I am thinking clockwise to tighten it but I don’t know too much about fire alarm volume screws.
Just so I don’t break something and so I could have an excuse to use Snipping Tool, its the circled thing right?
[attachment=0]so this thing.PNG[/attachment]

Yep it is the circled thing. If you make it too tight you wont hear any sound. If you make it too loose you won’t hear any sound either.

Turn it gently, if it starts to bind up, stop. The best thing I’d suggest is put on ear protection and power up the horn while you adjust the volume screw so you can get it just right.

Yeah… I probably don’t need ear protection anymore.
DIAGRAM
Simplex fire alarm, code 3
I walk down the stairs and I am under the alarm
(ALARM)
(ME)
Alarm goes into continuous…

But the AV-32 is crazy loud so I will anyways.

Did you try a 24VDC power supply yet? You’re underpowering the alarm.

You can create your own power supply with 3 9-volt batteries.

I don’t have one yet but I’ll go buy some batteries to see if that changes anything. They all sound a bit rough, anyways so that might be the problem.