Replacement Simplex 4004 Problem

So I’m having a problem with my new 4004. It’s not finding my zone expander module I saved from my old panel. I have programmed the panel to 4 zones instead of 2, but it’s giving me 3 and 4 troubles, as if it’s not even there. I’m wondering if it’s because there’s one little pin in the jumper that the module plugs into that’s a bit bent.

Here are some pics for Jared, who has requested them. Look at the bottom pin. Thanks!

The bent pin definitely sounds like it could be the culprit to me. I would try to carefully see if it could be bent back into place.

Already tried that. Like a bunch of times. Still giving me 3 and 4 troubles. I’ll probably just have to find a replacement connector and solder it on with my Dad.

Also, how do I install the Class A adapters? I must be missing something, because they will not go too far when I try to plug them into the back of the board. Thanks in advance!

I do believe that they don’t have to go very far in when you’re installing them (the class A adapters).

That does make sense. I just don’t know how to mount them. The screws are so short, they will not reach the board.

Ah, I see what you’re saying. I though that you were talking about the pins that connect into the panel, not the screws that mount the adapter to it.

It’s kind of both. I pushed the pins into the back of the board. However, the adapters will not come close enough to the back to actually mount them. The can be plugged in, but they just hang.

I just don’t know how I had it on my other panel. It’s almost like I’m missing a piece to mount them, but I can’t be, since the Class A adapters do the same thing when I try to plug them into the back of the zone expander module.

Does it fit into the back of the zone expander module?

Yes, it does. The expander module has the same identical holes as the main board does to support the adapter.