2001 Manuals

Hey guys, I just got ahold of a Simplex 2001 in pieces. I was able to re-assemble it but I am afraid to power it up without any manuals on the panel. I was able to find the schematics for each card and a troubleshooting guide but I was not able to find any documentation on how to wire the thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

This may help:
eBay Listing
It’s $20 but it’s probably worth it.
There’s also some free literature, but not as much
AlarmResources

The thing on ebay is the same thing on the FA Resources site. Therefore, there is no point to paying $20 for something I can download for free…

(I’ll answer your Facebook message here so the info’s on the forum for future reference)

I originally got the two manuals you have from a technician’s union. I was told that it was the only 2001 documentation they had ever been able to find. Since these systems used to be custom assembled in a factory with a different configuration each time and then shipped to the district office ready to install, I don’t think a simpler wiring guide exists. The wiring diagram you have does show which I/O corresponds to each card, but in a ridiculously convoluted way that doesn’t really help.

Each slot gets 6 terminals. My 2001 has all single-circuit class-A cards - for zone cards, terminals 1 and 2 are + and - out while 3 and 4 are - and + in. The signal cards seem to be 1 and 2 (+ and - out), 3 and 4 (also + and - out), 5 and 6 (- and + in), though it still shows a trouble any way I wire it. I don’t know the wiring for dual-circuit cards or whether they are class-A or class-B. However, I’ve made plenty of wiring mistakes on the 2001 and it seems to be almost indestructible, so some experimentation and metering may be able to figure it out.

I’ve attached a photo of the 4-pin battery connector (I cut off the spade ends to use for another panel) and the motherboard with photoshopped labels to show the correct slot order. Let me know if that photo helps or if you need the exact jumper locations.

Oh, I’m sorry. I thought that the manual on ebay had more.

I have manuals. Hard copies. They didn’t help.