Loose Push Bar

Ever since I swapped switch assemblies and covers (or whatever they’re called) with my 2099-9756 and my modified 2099-9795, the push bar somehow got loose. This problem still persists when I put the -9756 “cover” back on its original switch assembly.

The reason why I swapped the switch assemblies in the first place was because of, for one, the design of the terminals on the -9756 (of which I absolutely despise), and for two, one of those terminals fell off.

My question is, is there a way to fix this, or do I have to get a replacement?

Is the PUSH bar not springing back after being pushed, or does the entire bar not straighten out?

If you removed the push bar from one pull station, you most likely broke off the clips that make it spring back.

I have experience, as this same exact thing happened to me. Give me a sec, and I’ll create a diagram.

Here’s a diagram. Let me know if you need any help.

UPDATE: After trying to follow your diagram, part of the push bar sadly broke off…

Here are some pics (Hopefully they’re reasonably big enough to see the details):

[attachment=1]IMG_1136_resized.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_1139_resized.jpg[/attachment]

Don’t worry! Your pull station can still be saved.

That piece only serves as a spring that causes the push bar to spring out after being pushed. Try finding a small spring and place it between the bar and the pull station, so it will spring out.

But before you do anything else, is the push bar firmly in place, but not springing back?

Yes, I do believe that the push bar is firmly in place but is still not springing back. For the record, I will never remove the push bar because I have enough single-action T-bars in my collection.

Also, it may be a while before I could consider resolving this issue, because I don’t have any spare time right now to worry about the matter.

What? You posted about it to begin with!