Unimode 10 Help!

I have a ADT Unimode 10 panel. The problem I have is my zones. I have an addressable 4099, and the resistance level within the module is enough to clear my zone trouble and close the circuit. What I can’t figure out is what is the resistor level within the module. I want all my zones to be closed, and not see the trouble light all the time. Who can help?

Welcome to the forums! I’m the admin of this site.

Did you read our rules?
http://forums.thefirepanel.com/cms/rules.php

First of all, what exactly are you trying to do?

You’re trying to use an addressable Simplex pull station on a conventional panel… which is something you can’t do. It won’t work. If you want to use an addressable pull station on a conventional system you have to remove the module first. That will void the UL listing… if this is a real fire system and not a demonstration then it becomes a legal issue.

If you need to know what the EOLR value for that panel is, you can look it up in the panel’s manual.
The ADT Unimode 10 is identical to the Fire-Lite MS-5210UD… check Fire-Lite’s website.

My fault. I must of not seen that when I read the rules.

The problem is the zones resistance. The resistors I bought were the required ones listed in the manual, but when I wire them in, it automatically trips the alarm. The resistor in the module clears the zone trouble, and I know it voids the UL listings, but I can’t figure out why it does it. Any advice?

What size resistors did you buy?

Oh and for the record, the company name is automatically changed to “Unnamed Security Company” on purpose.