4006 VS. 4010

So I’ve been looking at Simplex panels, and after reading the online manuals for both the 4006 and 4010, I am now trying to decide between the two. I know that the 4006 is a conventional and the 4010 an addressable, but this is my first panel. I found a good 4006 selling for $400, and a 4010 for $500. I will probably be getting a summer job after I graduate and both sellers have assured me they have the pass codes for maintenance and programming. From an experienced person, what would your recommendation be?

Unless you have addressable devices, go with the 4006. You won’t need to buy monitor modules.
BTW, I am not a professional or a tech.

I’m sorry if I offended you.

???
How did you offend me?
I was just replying to your topic.

I’m sorry, I’m having to multitask (school work, filling out job applications, scholarship applications, you know). Anyway, can the 4006 display where and what type of initiating device was tripped? I heard some simplex conventional panels can do that. Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

Before you spend that kind of money on a panel that will eventually be discarded you need to have a better understanding on how they work.

I am not going to even bother listing the dozens of people here who have spent alot on a panel and then destroyed it.

Well according to this, the 4006 can somewhat behave like an addressable panel

Well I am reading a manual I found online. Very carefully, too.