RESOLVED: Help with my new devices

Got this from some people (wouldn’t believe me if I told you…)
Didn’t have a key and is unbranded

That is an RSG T-bar
And holy **** they sent it.

I fell out of my chair opening it and finding stuff in it. Ahhh what the heck;
Wheelocki AS white celling mount
System sensor i3 2w-b
System sensor 5600 heat
Simplex remote strobe 15cd
RSG/Sigcomm t-bar

This key should work (cat15):
http://m.ebay.com/itm/251419196045?nav=SEARCH

Thanks. I will see if a form user has one first( may contact the local alarm company; I believe they use rsg pulls)

STOP!

This is NOT an RSG T-bar!

This is actually a SIGCOM T-Bar. They do not say on their website what key it uses so it could be anything, since you order them and specify the key number in the order.

Are there any numbers printed on the front of the lock, or any stickers with numbers anywhere on the pull station?
If there is nothing of the sort and you do not know what key then you’re out of luck unless you can get a locksmith to pick the lock. If you can get the thing open you can see next if it is possible to take the cylinder out and re-key it.

I will say that the most commonly used key in the FA Industry is CAT 30, also known as Simplex “B”. I’d try that first if you have one.

For comparison, this is an RSG T-Bar:

… and the key lock version does not look much different.

Okay. I dug up some info on Sigcom’s website. Can you see a model number from the outside? If the last space is not a letter, you’re going to want a B-Key. However, if it ends in B,C,D,E or F, you will need a different key.
Datasheet

Thanks I will look. Do ypou mean a sigcomm b key?(with rebrding, stuff gets weird. The ansul panel made by firelight uses a NotiFire key…)

Any B-Key will work.
It’s technically called a cat30 key.

Wait so keys are standardized?

[quote=“NewAgeServer”]
STOP!

This is NOT an RSG T-bar!

This is actually a SIGCOM T-Bar. They do not say on their website what key it uses so it could be anything, since you order them and specify the key number in the order.

Are there any numbers printed on the front of the lock, or any stickers with numbers anywhere on the pull station?
If there is nothing of the sort and you do not know what key then you’re out of luck unless you can get a locksmith to pick the lock. If you can get the thing open you can see next if it is possible to take the cylinder out and re-key it.

I will say that the most commonly used key in the FA Industry is CAT 30, also known as Simplex “B”. I’d try that first if you have one.

For comparison, this is an RSG T-Bar:

… and the key lock version does not look much different.[/]
The t-bar your sending me, it come with a key right? If not I will by one

I wasn’t planning on sending a key but since you need one, I’ll get one copied soon and stick it in.

OK thanks. Do you know how to remove the strobe from a 4904-9176?

2 tabs on back. Depress one, gently pull strobe out.

Thanks. Anyone know how to pick a CAT lock?

Please keep any discussions related to lockpicking in private. Thanks!

Ohhhhh I see why that could be bad. Note to mod/admin:can you change the topic to help with my new devices.

Why would a 2 wire i3 not do any thaing when powered up. All I can figure is it is not rotating in the base completely.

damn it you blew the detector (most likely)

How? I was supply the write voltage

2 wire i3s are current limited…
if you feed it full current, it will die. I’ll ask Andrew to explain further to you.