SmartSync Spoof?

Well, here we go, up to probably yet another post about trying to make your own SmartSync module.

I am actually up for this challenge. I believe that I could pull something like this off with my Arduino, and some programming.

First off, I do know that there are certain “codes” that a SmartSync module throws out to an alarm appliance; in this case a TrueAlert 4903-9419. The strobe on the unit flashes when power is applied, but otherwise, no luck with the horn.

I have seen another enthusiast who has been able to pull this off with another device like arduino, but the user has not been active on YouTube for over eight months. This means that trying to contact them is basically out of the question.

I was wondering what pulses the SmartSync module emits, and how much time lies in-between each pulse. With this, I could imitate the pulses that the SmartSync module emits with Arduino, and it would require some pretty light programming. But if it is anything like a gradual increase in voltage, I will have no luck on it. lol.

Anyway, please excuse my noob moment here, but I am just wondering if it would be possible to create a SmartSync module just by using Arduino and a few lines of code.

Thanks for your help in advance! c:

Well i would normally help you but there are to problems:
*I dont have module to “Spoof”
*I dont have a oscilloscope to “Spoof” the module with
*And i dont have a SmartSync horn.
Also how is a Ardiuno going to output 24v?
Not trying to crush anyones dreams just puting out some facts.
Feel freee to PM me :smiley:

*Some people do have modules to spoof
*Some people do have oscilloscopes
*Some people do have smartsync horns
*Relays…
It isn’t like he specifically asked you…

An Arduino could output a 24v current by using a relay and a 24v transformer… simple as that.

But I am just wondering if the digital signal out from an arduino would be like a variant of what a SmartSync module sends to the alarm.

We had a topic about this a while back. You should search the forum for it since it has a lot of info you could use.

might be a bit late (9 years later) but from what i know after reading the patent the 4 bit codes are sent with reverse polarity. here is a link to the patent for you btw